P3 Pro LED wiring diagram?

Reaction score
I want to solder in a led headlight to my front LED's so I can turn it on and off via the TX.. what does the "VCC" stand for that the red LED wire is soldered to on the main board? Any better ideas? Thanks
Scott

I want to solder in a led headlight to my front LED's
Scott - if you connect anything else to the LED circuit with a greater amperage draw than the current LED you run the risk of damaging the LED circuit. You can use the LED circuit to trigger a relay - in which you can tap the supply power from the main-board or aux battery.

Reactions: Fraggitt
Scott - if you connect anything else to the LED circuit with a greater amperage draw than the current LED you run the risk of damaging the LED circuit. You can use the LED circuit to trigger a relay - in which you can tap the supply power from the main-board or aux battery.
I tapped the supply board because I was wondering about that... Thank you :) Any recommendations on what micro-relay to use by chance?

TY :) Mouser has a GAZILLION relays btw.. The smallest one i could find is a part# G6B-2114P-US-DC24 20mm by 10mm x 10mm rated 5A @ 24volts

TY :) Mouser has a GAZILLION relays btw.. The smallest one i could find is a part# G6B-2114P-US-DC24 20mm by 10mm x 10mm rated 5A @ 24volts

No worries but I think you might have your coil voltage requirement off. I bet the front LEDs are not operating at 24volts, since you planned on using those as the relay trigger/coil lead you need to check the voltage going to the LEDs and if its 3volts then thats what your coil voltage needs to be on the relay. The other side of that is you need a relay of switching the voltage and amperage of your intended device. i.e. lights etc.....

The phantom3 is not the best platform for modding its MB - depending on exactly what your wanting to accomplish it maybe be to look at adding a standalone system to the phantom. I'm working on a set of winglets with hard points for lights, candy drop etc.... all the stuff I do to my planes. I gave up on full integration and sharing the primary battery..... to just building a stand alone system that I can attach to the P3

Regardless I drew a very crud diagram to help make my point above regarding coil voltage etc...
Please note the voltages shown in the diagram are not the voltages of P3 - there just for reference to the diagram only in an effort to help make sense of my ramblings above.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.pdf
    61.4 KB · Views: 390

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31