P3 PRO initial setup fail. Help

Reaction score
First off, I searched for other similar issues on here but couldn't find any that have never been flown before not working with firmware upgrade. Thanks for any and all help!

So I purchased the Phantom 3 Pro in December and due to terrible weather, yesterday was the first time I turned it on to initiate the set up. As I began going thru the set up of the DJI Go app It informed me I need to upgrade firmware on MY RC/Battery/Copter. I followed the instructions and began process to upgrade to V1.10. It started with the 4 Beeps for about 8-10 minutes then just started making a crackling sound void of distinct beeps. Not the long beep followed by two beeps indicating it was complete. I have formatted the SD card and retried downloading the software on my PC, (previously done on mac) and receive the same issue. DJI support offered no help. Any help would be truly appreciated.

What does the bird do if you remove the SD card and try to start it along with the RC and the Go app?

There is nothing as V1.10 version for P3P. App, RC and AC have their own versions. Please list the current versions of them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just turned the bird on with no SD card inserted. It is on no with the front LEDS solid red and back flashing green and yellow. a steady hum coming from the Gimble area that doesn't sound bad just like normal noise it would make if turned on. I also tried a new SD card earlier to no avail. Thanks for response!

There is nothing as V1.10 version for P3P. App, RC and AC have their own versions. Please list the current versions of them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
The ZIP file I DL from DJI website under FIRMWARE category is called 1.10.90

As far as the battery/RC They upgraded thru the DJI app and I am unsure of how to locate what version those updates were.

The ZIP file I DL from DJI website under FIRMWARE category is called 1.10.90

As far as the battery/RC They upgraded thru the DJI app and I am unsure of how to locate what version those updates were.

Firmware v 1.10.90 is the newest version available (2016-11-29). :)

When you opened the 1.10.90 zip file, what did you copy to the SD card?
This is a screen shot of My Downloads folder on the top left and the SD card on the bottom right side . I downloaded the .BIN file from DJI and copied that over to the SD card. Let me know if this looks right to any of you. Thanks a lot for the replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 12.42.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 12.42.12 PM.png
    738.9 KB · Views: 299
Battery upgrades through the AC firmware update. You have to go through the AC update sequence with each battery in the AC however once the AC itself is updated, the battery updates are quick.
AC firmware update can take up to 30 minutes but Gimbal should be producing ti inhe update tone the whole time and it's LED blinking red and green. Ignore any other strange activity such as arm LED colors, gimbal movement or sounds from the AC itself.
Red gimbal status LED is normal without an SD card installed.
Current versions can be gotten from general settings (menu option top far right) then About at the very bottom.
Look at the two log files on the SD card, the short version at the root of the card, the more detailed one in the hidden MISC folder. May be best to get them from a recent firmware update after erasing the card so you don't get old log info.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is a screen shot of My Downloads folder on the top left and the SD card on the bottom right side . I downloaded the .BIN file from DJI and copied that over to the SD card. Let me know if this looks right to any of you. Thanks a lot for the replies.
Ok, so now try installing the FW once again and let it run its course. Just go away, have a sandwich and a coffee and, as danman says, ignore sounds, movements and anything else until you get that solid green light on the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj