p3 pro flipped/rolled itself and crashed

Reaction score
My DJI phantom 3 crashed after it flipped/rolled itself.
I would like to know what the cause of the sudden inverted flight was, and why it did not auto correct itself (crashed into a lake instead)

After two days I dived at the crash site so i could recover the drone and send it to DJI so they could check the .log file but the answer was "results inconclusive". This means that it will not be replaced under warranty but also that it could very well happen again.
So I would like to find out what went wrong.
I hope the video provides all the information needed

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-07-10_[11-22-14].txt
    313.7 KB · Views: 303
It's an internal failure of electronics like ESC failure.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Was a prop missing?

My guess is a prop spun off. Did you snug your props up real good before launch?

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago and I assume it was a prop that spun off on mine. One prop was missing completely on my bird. I found the AC after it fell from 400'.

My drone flipped up and came straight down in the middle of a girls soccer game, right while they were playing. They had to stop the game. Thank God no one got hurt. The drone was high up so I could get the entire field. I have no reason why it went down. No wind, no birds, all props were on. I sold the drone afterwards. These things IMO are not prime time ready, unless you don't mind gambling with $1,500 worth of equipment that 89% of the time your drone should come back without it dropping from the sky for no reason.

I personally would like to see a 6 or 8 prop drone that's affordable to fly with all the specs from the new DJI drones. I think I'd feel better know that it should be a lot more stable in the sky and would be great if it could have some redundancy so if a prop did fly off or something weird happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My drone flipped up and came straight down in the middle of a girls soccer game, right while they were playing. They had to stop the game. Thank God no one got hurt. The drone was high up so I could get the entire field. I have no reason why it went down. No wind, no birds, all props were on. I sold the drone afterwards. These things IMO are not prime time ready, unless you don't mind gambling with $1,500 worth of equipment that 89% of the time your drone should come back without it dropping from the sky for no reason.

I personally would like to see a 6 or 8 prop drone that's affordable to fly with all the specs from the new DJI drones. I think I'd feel better know that it should be a lot more stable in the sky and would be great if it could have some redundancy so if a prop did fly off or something weird happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it someone registers an account over 2yrs ago and suddenly decides this will be their 2 ever post in that length of time?
Even though I know what they situation is, I got to say you have to be extremely bored to dig these old accounts up for such mild entertainment values.

Reactions: eneilsen and Reed L
For those who did not watch the movie till the end: yes all 4 props where on when I found it. And due to the fact that the hull was intact (and the props to) i would like to think it was NOT a bird attack.. DJI claims they can't find an error (so they think the ESC and motors are okay)
It flipped @25 meters, so it would have time to auto recover itself before hitting the water/ground.
Battery was 80% when it flipped, and fully charged at the start of the flight

For those who did not watch the movie till the end: yes all 4 props where on when I found it. And due to the fact that the hull was intact (and the props to) i would like to think it was NOT a bird attack.. DJI claims they can't find an error (so they think the ESC and motors are okay)
It flipped @25 meters, so it would have time to auto recover itself before hitting the water/ground.
Battery was 80% when it flipped, and fully charged at the start of the flight
Please let us know what happened if you find out.

It appears it is the waters' fault.

This is not a prop shoot off case as it did not spin. It is issue with ESC board or Gyro. Motor failure would have spinning effects so it is not single motor failure either. How old this drone is?
It should be covered under warranty.

I would like to see an unedited version of the video including the impact. I would also like to see thee footage of you surfacing with the phantom.

I would like to see an unedited version of the video including the impact. I would also like to see thee footage of you surfacing with the phantom.
Can't you see the tilting effects just before the crush. I had same effect with one of mine drones over the water but with 40+ km wind. Drone managed to level by itself. It does not take more than 5 meters to recover.

did you have obstacle avoidance enabled? (or whatever dji call it on the P3's)

Can't you see the tilting effects just before the crush. I had same effect with one of mine drones over the water but with 40+ km wind. Drone managed to level by itself. It does not take more than 5 meters to recover.

I don't think it is too much to ask to see the whole video. Am I the only one here who wants to see it? If so, I apologize and will exit stage left.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj