P3 Pro doesn't fly straight?

Reaction score
Hi, I have a new to me P3 pro, I flew it the other day with no issues. At lunch today I noticed it wasn't flying straight. I didn't have much time to look into it so I tried again this evening. I had my son take a (very shaky) video. I am pushing straight ahead but it looks to be veering off to the right. Had GPS lock with 15 satellites. Any idea what the issue could be? It was a bit breezy today, but it also was the other day with no issues. Sometimes it flies straight other times it veers a bit off course like in the video. Hope you can tell from the vid:

Have you tried re-calibrating the controller?

I would also check each motor by hand to see if any of the motors feel stiff or get hot compared to the others.

Hi, I have a new to me P3 pro, I flew it the other day with no issues. At lunch today I noticed it wasn't flying straight. I didn't have much time to look into it so I tried again this evening. I had my son take a (very shaky) video. I am pushing straight ahead but it looks to be veering off to the right. Had GPS lock with 15 satellites. Any idea what the issue could be? It was a bit breezy today, but it also was the other day with no issues. Sometimes it flies straight other times it veers a bit off course like in the video. Hope you can tell from the vid:

Also make sure you are not inadvertenly inputting a small amount of Right Stick when you push forward, it is very easy to do and not realize that you are doing it.

Reactions: James Connerly
Wow, I thought I was losing it. I can fly my p2 perfectly but between this issue and not being able to land the p3 I was gonna retire my wings! It sounds like the only hope is to either downgrade firmware, or wait for DJI to fix?

Wow, I thought I was losing it. I can fly my p2 perfectly but between this issue and not being able to land the p3 I was gonna retire my wings! It sounds like the only hope is to either downgrade firmware, or wait for DJI to fix?

@Creek.Jumper i had the similar problem yesterday, i was trying to position my landing but as i pushed the right stick forward it drifted a bit left, which freaked me out a bit.
I read many posts mentioned it was the firmware issues - 1.4

Don't give up just stop and think.
Have you changed any settings lately or updated firmware or the GO App.? Was having similar problem last week. Wasn't too long after updating Go App. I didn't know why but felt the phantom was flying in an angle. When I wanted to fly in a straight line by some trees. I went and did IMU calibration compass calibration. I then looked in the app and noticed new settings in Expo and Gain settings. Expo settings are now 0.3 -0.8 as opposed to the 0.4 - 0.7 . Also new Yaw Range 100-150%. I adjusted basic gain settings which hold the craft in position as determined by GPS . After this I found the phantom wasn't drifting so much as though it was in ATTI mode. Its as though the settings had reset during the app udate. When there's a problem we need to make small adjustments and test in the same conditions to truly see what's going on. If the wind wasn't a factor you would know if there was something wrong. Or is it that the phantom isn't responding to this wind as it should. I always stop and hover at the start of a flight and check battery level, no. Satellites ,response of phantom to controls. If problem check settings in app.

Don't give up just stop and think.
Have you changed any settings lately or updated firmware or the GO App.? Was having similar problem last week. Wasn't too long after updating Go App. I didn't know why but felt the phantom was flying in an angle. When I wanted to fly in a straight line by some trees. I went and did IMU calibration compass calibration. I then looked in the app and noticed new settings in Expo and Gain settings. Expo settings are now 0.3 -0.8 as opposed to the 0.4 - 0.7 . Also new Yaw Range 100-150%. I adjusted basic gain settings which hold the craft in position as determined by GPS . After this I found the phantom wasn't drifting so much as though it was in ATTI mode. Its as though the settings had reset during the app udate. When there's a problem we need to make small adjustments and test in the same conditions to truly see what's going on. If the wind wasn't a factor you would know if there was something wrong. Or is it that the phantom isn't responding to this wind as it should. I always stop and hover at the start of a flight and check battery level, no. Satellites ,response of phantom to controls. If problem check settings in app.
If it is moving forward in a cross wind it will slip and look like it is flying at an angle. Test it directly into the wind or with a tail wind to see if it will fly straight without drifting.s

I just read on the Developer's Forums that they actually took out the horiztonal wind correction on firmware 1.4.1. I believe it is getting added back on for 1.5

DJI Forum|Wind Resistance & New Firmware

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 2.49.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 2.49.56 AM.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 341

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj