P3 pro Crashed now driving me Crazier than I was already ! HELP ,please!!!

Reaction score
Ok I have a 3 month old pro 3 ,pride of my collection , it got crashed and everything still worked but she'll was snafu,d
I did recent upgrade of software everything ok .
Then my shell arrived and I set about swapping her over snapped the compass lead on the leg and replaced that .
I fired her up and beep beep beep beep and a million more beeps ! She shows up on phone app camera and gimbal works ,however the battery shows up on app as 0% I've tried the battery ! It's fully charged but still shows up as 0% on app .
Re examined all the internals can't find anything wrong ,please does anyone know what it might be ?
I will be home by this weekend and can video all of this if that will help anyone decipher what's wrong .
Thank you kindly for any help in advance Andy T.

Ok I have a 3 month old pro 3 ,pride of my collection , it got crashed and everything still worked but she'll was snafu,d
I did recent upgrade of software everything ok .
Then my shell arrived and I set about swapping her over snapped the compass lead on the leg and replaced that .
I fired her up and beep beep beep beep and a million more beeps ! She shows up on phone app camera and gimbal works ,however the battery shows up on app as 0% I've tried the battery ! It's fully charged but still shows up as 0% on app .
Re examined all the internals can't find anything wrong ,please does anyone know what it might be ?
I will be home by this weekend and can video all of this if that will help anyone decipher what's wrong .
Thank you kindly for any help in advance Andy T.
Did you plug in the cable that goes to the spring loaded data pins?

Reactions: Drusha
I thought I'd plugged in everything that was as before I'll double check when I'm home at the weekend ! Thank you so much for the suggestion though ,please keep em coming

Hi update, stripped her down completely replaced 6 cables on motherboard ,all except gps which is old cable ,rebuilt her !? Same result non stop beeping ,camera and gimbal react to controller and can see via pilot app camera footage live no other response from drone except constant beeping and red flashing led on gimbal .
Reflash firm ware to sd card insert in gimbal beeps the same but light flashes red green red green for twenty mins then changes back to red with beeping never stopping or missing a beat !? Tried reinstalling software 5 times same result !nothing ! Changes have had to put external fan on camera unit to keep it cool ,even left her twice for over an hour .this has finally beaten me :0(
Next step very expensive DJI repair shop ?
Please please pretty please anyone ?! She is only 3 months old .
Help!

Did you plug in the cable that goes to the spring loaded data pins?

If you mean the one by the battery terminals yes and replaced it for a new one today in case same result :0( also tested springs in pins ,Nada !

I've now watched countless videos on you tube and the people who had the same symptoms all had software update failures however they in the most part seemed to solve the issue by updating or reinstalling firmware ,however this is not working for me ,do you think that the main programming of the motherboard has gone wonky and for that reason it will not work after new firm ware flash ? A new motherboard here is £150 ouch so I'm trying to find a solution to save on the outlay ,anyone ? Please?

I think I joined the wrong Forum ! Apart from Oso ( thanks Oso ) more people / members commented on my poor Grammar and spelling than have offered any advice or help on my Post ,I'm really disappointed:0(
I got more response from my Drones non functioning motors !
I'm sorry if this offends anyone ! Actually no I'm not the support has been p!ss poor.

I wish I could have helped this gentleman but my technical skills are somewhat limited.

I think by your posts you unfortunately got a female quad and it simply won't work... But seriously it likely got damaged when you crashed it. Best bet would be to send it to DJI for repair (good luck I've heard positive and negative experiences with them)

I wish I could have helped this gentleman but my technical skills are somewhat limited.

Thank you so very much ,it was really nice of you to say that ! happy flying buddy !

Last edited:
I think by your posts you unfortunately got a female quad and it simply won't work... But seriously it likely got damaged when you crashed it. Best bet would be to send it to DJI for repair (good luck I've heard positive and negative experiences with them)

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you ,I'd even buy her Dinner afterwards if she would only talk to me instead of screaming her profanities over and over again .when she gets fixed finally I'm calling her in memory of my X.
I have given up on a Diy fix as I can't find any physical signs of damage , I have lots of soldering experience but no electronics experience or knowledge,and when it comes to software issues I'm hopeless, not from lack of trying ,but it just took me 2 days to programme open TX 2.2 onto my new Taranis x9e.( others do it in 10 mins ).
Once again thank you for responding at least I don't feel totally on my own anymore. I was beginning to think I needed to change my soap.

hey Drusha - it sounds like you dont have the battery cable setup right, or the motherboard has some damage, or your compass fix didnt work. In crashes the middle of the board where the board and imu come together, if one of those soldering conncetions is broken or not perfect you would get those beeps.check these very carefully (all of the solders not just the ones with arrows)

upload_2017-7-11_11-24-4.png

if thats not it, I'm worried about your compass. You said you fixed it .. I'd try buying a new one. You ccan get them on amzon for like $14. That could be an issue, more than you know.

But, if everything powers on (as it does) and camera works, no compass errors .. just no battery, I think its the small cable which goes from the spring pins of the battery connector to the board. This one:

upload_2017-7-11_11-26-14.png

Check that the springs on the left side still push in/out and connect with that part of the p3 battery Make sure the orangeish cable is securely plugged in there, and that the other end is plugged into the mainboard. Make sure no issues in the wire. My gut feeling is that this is the problem since it powers on you just dont get any battery details.

Lemme know if i can help at all.

Reactions: Drusha and hms
And since a firmware update also might apply to the battery, the update could fail if it can't check the battery.

hey Drusha - it sounds like you dont have the battery cable setup right, or the motherboard has some damage, or your compass fix didnt work. In crashes the middle of the board where the board and imu come together, if one of those soldering conncetions is broken or not perfect you would get those beeps.check these very carefully (all of the solders not just the ones with arrows)

View attachment 85259

if thats not it, I'm worried about your compass. You said you fixed it .. I'd try buying a new one. You ccan get them on amzon for like $14. That could be an issue, more than you know.

But, if everything powers on (as it does) and camera works, no compass errors .. just no battery, I think its the small cable which goes from the spring pins of the battery connector to the board. This one:

View attachment 85260
Check that the springs on the left side still push in/out and connect with that part of the p3 battery Make sure the orangeish cable is securely plugged in there, and that the other end is plugged into the mainboard. Make sure no issues in the wire. My gut feeling is that this is the problem since it powers on you just dont get any battery details.

Lemme know if i can help at all.

Bless you! Bless you ,Bless you ,How kind of you ,I'm going to try all of the points you mentioned this evening as soon as I get home.

Have you tried different batteries?

Sorry I only have the one however she charges and discharges fine and reads the correct voltage on the metre (meter?) last one I think (0:
I even bought a brand new controller.
I suppose I should have found the cash for a new battery ,just trying to keep expenses down in case I had to send her away for a fix.

And since a firmware update also might apply to the battery, the update could fail if it can't check the battery.

Not sure how to check this other than with a new battery ? Any ideas greatly received.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT