p3 pro camera style choose w/o editing

Reaction score
Hi from Greece
I want to ask if someone tried to shoot videos without editing and colour grading
what settings he used??? Especially the style concerns me!

You can reset all the camera settings to default by clicking on reset. Does it answer you?

Reactions: STAF
I have good results using the setting of standard for style and the setting none for color. I also use ND filters too. White balance I use custom and pull it way down to 3.7k, if I'm remembering correctly. That about matches what auto white balance produces to me. Sometimes I leave it on AWB and just lock in a good exposure and that works well too.

I have good results using the setting of standard for style and the setting none for color. I also use ND filters too. White balance I use custom and pull it way down to 3.7k, if I'm remembering correctly. That about matches what auto white balance produces to me. Sometimes I leave it on AWB and just lock in a good exposure and that works well too.
thanx for the reply!
so you are editing the colors afterwards?
i just want to find out which settings give the best result without colour grading in post afterwards!

Last edited:
You can reset all the camera settings to default by clicking on reset. Does it answer you?
no i dont want to reset the camera settings
i want to find out which settings give the best result
without colour grading in post edit!
Thanx for the reply!

Last edited:
I mostly use Color D-LOG, White Balance Custom 6000K, using the Over Exposure Warning as a guide , sometimes purposely over expose my pics. The Histrogram is an extremely handy tool. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I mostly use Color D-LOG, White Balance Custom 6000K, using the Over Exposure Warning as a guide , sometimes purposely over expose my pics. The Histrogram is an extremely handy tool. ;-)

RedHotPoker
My only concern are the color settings!!!
I want them to be as good as possible so i dont have to adjust them during editing!
D- log i tried once but i did not like it!!! Now i am using vivid with White Balance Custom 5000K which looks like to me better!
Thanx!

I have a feeling, and Afraid your awesome direct Sun light and my diffused Sun star aren't of the same wave lengths. Surely yours will contain more blue, where mine has a redder tinge. Vivid for me, seemed too artificial. If that makes sense?

RedHotPoker

You are ubsolutely right my friend propably thats a big difference!!!
I have so blue that sometimes i wish i have clouds to make the difference!!!!
Thanx!

These are the colours i want to achive in video!
This photo is after i edit the colors!

You should consider using ND filters first off, if you aren't yet. Search the forum for lots of information about them. What you need to do is adjust your settings as you need during flight. No one setting with work for everything. The best thing to do is experiment yourself and come up with settings to your liking. Good luck.

Hi from Greece
I want to ask if someone tried to shoot videos without editing and colour grading
what settings he used??? Especially the style concerns me!

Log mode will be flat.
Try setting you camera to vivid if you don't want to do any editing. This will make colours more vibrant.

D-Log is for people who want to do colour correction and post-processing, it really dull the colour (color). A lot of people also reduce the contrast, saturation and sharpness to -2 before they apply post-processing. I personally feel if I just want the video straight out of the camera without any post-processing to show to other people, I would choose Standard colour profile (I find Vivid a bit too strong and contrasty), as well as set those contrast/saturation/sharpness to -1. As for white balance, that's up to you if you prefer your picture to be warm yellow or cold blue.

Definitely increase the contrast by at least +1 and saturation by at least +1.
For color profile, I'd stick with "standard".

White balance will be heavily dependent upon what you're filming.

~~~

Also, I feel you. Sometimes I want to just do a quick shoot export the footage right off the UAS and be done.

Normally, I do shoot with Log and -2, -1, -2 or -2, -2, -2. But again, that normally requires color grading.

Also, I feel you. Sometimes I want to just do a quick shoot export the footage right off the UAS and be done.
Yes thats what i am talking about!!!
Most of the time i fly just for fun and i want to take the camera footage - edit it without messing around with colour adjustments
exposure, contrast etc.
thanx!

Honestly, the professional camera lens set sold here on the forum makes it a no brainer for video. Put the filters on that you want for the day, shoot it and post it. I really love being able to choose the right lens for the type of day and the ½ND filters would be perfect for what you are doing, you just need to double check the angle before take off. Watch the video on the thread here - The professional filter set for the Phantom 3 | DJI Phantom Forum

I use ND filters for shooting videos !!!
Just trying to find an acceptable color setting for the camera
so i dont have to fix the colors during my editing!
thanx!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4