P3 Pro - Beep from Hell !!!

I'm wondering this: it originally had v1.5.xx or v1.6.xx FW, and I was trying to upgrade straight to v1.8.80. Is that correct, or would I have to increment up? Meaning, install v1.7 and then v1.8?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes

When I have had a failed FW update it did the same thing. My fix has always been to start it again with a fresh battery, AC boot only, bin on card, and placed it in a room were I didn't have to hear it. It took longer than normal to update, but it eventually did.
The only oddity I once had was; it kept beeping for a long period, then after that long period I turned on the RC and it completed in seconds. I can't say for sure that the RC played a part in the eventual success, could have just been coincidence, but worth the attempt.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm wondering this: it originally had v1.5.xx or v1.6.xx FW, and I was trying to upgrade straight to v1.8.80. Is that correct, or would I have to increment up? Meaning, install v1.7 and then v1.8?
If you are on 1.3 or higher, you can upgrade directly.
I went from 1.4 to 1.6 directly when I did my first upgrade.

Punchy - red and green lights (alternating) means that the FW is still updating. It can take approx 25-30+ min for the process to run. Are you allowing that much time? Also, it is common for the light to alternate for a couple min, go to solid green for a moment, then start alternating red and green again. That is normal! After about 30 min, you should get a solid green light, with the arm lights flashing and a beeping sequence. That indicates success. Or, you could get solid red. That indicates a failure.

If it is not completing after letting it run for a while (I would let mine run for 3hrs even - with the LOUD beeping), then look on the memory card and post the hidden log... That could shed some light on a possible issue. That's what I encountered...

@GunnyPapa, @RocketBrew - thanks for the input guys, but I have already fixed the issue. It was a problem with the internal boards etc and I had to have DJI repair it, but now it's as good as new! (Now I just need to find out why my P3Sta won't feed the video to my RC...lol)

When I have had a failed FW update it did the same thing. My fix has always been to start it again with a fresh battery, AC boot only, bin on card, and placed it in a room were I didn't have to hear it. It took longer than normal to update, but it eventually did.
The only oddity I once had was; it kept beeping for a long period, then after that long period I turned on the RC and it completed in seconds. I can't say for sure that the RC played a part in the eventual success, could have just been coincidence, but worth the attempt.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

BV-SkyOne- Yeah, I hear you on that. My P3P was driving me nuts!!! I was letting it run/process for like 3 hours. Literally draining a fresh battery! All the while, listening to that incessant, intolerable beeping! For those of you that have not had to deal with that- I sincerely hope you don't!

But I digress... I set it in my grandson's bedroom, and even partially covered it with a blanket to muffle the beeping even more. I did this daily for 2-3 weeks straight, and never got anywhere! Finally, DJI sent me an RMA and a shipping label, so I sent it in. It showed loose internal boards and components, probably caused my crash damage (prior to my owning it). Being it was crashed, it didn't fall under warranted repair, and cost me $251 to get totally repaired. But that included replacing everything that wasn't in proper condition- even a new camera, gimbal, gps units, top/bottom shells, etc! In an earlier post, I itemized the work order...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers