P3 Pro - Beep from Hell !!!

[00019476]Version checking[1]...
[00032058][03 05][00] device not detected.
[00044640][03 06][00] device not detected.
[00044741][04 00][00] v1.41.0.0 -> v1.44.0.0 need upgrade.
[00020891]========== remo-con disconnect. boot(5) ============
[00020973]Packet [C:\P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin] detected, card sn [0x2877ba71].
[00021053]Packet upgrade start...

All of those device not detected messages will be your problem. If you google them and that remo-con disconnect you will see many articles on this forum and others some with input from DJI reps. When this occured for me I simply removed the firmware file from the SD card for a while so that it does not attempt to update on bootup but ultimately I sent it in for repair and it was back a week later fixed.

Anthony,
It seems you have many errors in the log. Either 0.0 version or a device not detected.
" 00021626][03 06][00] v0.0.0.0 -> v2.4.14.5 need upgrade.
[00034290][11 00][00] device not detected."

Maybe one or more pins are still not connecting, can you verify them all (electrically)?
Another cause could be some damaged electronics. Do you know why it needed repairs in the first place?

Maybe one or more pins are still not connecting, can you verify them all (electrically)?

I wouldn't assume that all pins are connected on a terminal or a cable for that matter so if possible check against another functioning P3 I would as its been a while since I looked at a ribbon cable soldered to a board but back in the day it was not unusual to have a cable swapped at one end or something due to a design error that was never corrected.

no you did it the correct way i went from 1.1.9 to 1.3 then to 1.8 with no problems

As far as cable connections: by trade, I am a pc/laptop repair tech and a mobile phone/tablet repair tech as well, so I work with mini cables and ribbons every day. All of my cables are seated and connected properly, and actually have all been replaced. (I ordered the replacement cable set "Part 42" from DJI) and replaced all the cables.

The needed repairs when I got it: when I got this bird (and a P3 Std) they both just needed a new ribbon cable. They both had the typical tear at the roll arm... I replaced both of them and they function. (The P3 Std is functioning at 100%). I also replaced the Yaw Arm on this bird as well.

I opened up the shell again last night and double checked- all is seated correctly.

Everything did work correctly on this bird: flight, gps, camera, gimble, etc until I decided to try upgrading the firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It flew fine before I tried updating firmware. Now, with the beeping, it doesn't do anything. It's as if it doesn't have firmware. From what I gather, in a nutshell, the update failed/was interrupted/corrupt, so it was only partially installed.

If this was an android phone, for example, I would simply boot back into Recovery Mode, re-wipe it, and initiate another Hard Reset... I really wish DJI included that as an option. Or even had a program that would utilize the front micro USB port or something...

But like I said, at purchase, it did need a new gimbal ribbon cable, but that was an easy fix, and I got it at a killer price due to that. And at the time, everything else worked perfect.

If you haven't already try flying it without the firmware file on the SD card and see what it does, mine used to work fine despite the error. But only one piece of hardware was affected.

You can still send it to DJI for repair just don't send a receipt (you probably don't have one anyway) and they'll assess and send you a bill before committing to repair. I'd say worth while because a wire is cheap. They'll likely call it 100 bucks labor and you'll be flying in 3 weeks.

Send it in anyway if it's used just to know it's A1.

This probably has nothing to do with your problem but have you tried calibrating the controller? According to this video continuous beeping might be controller out of calibration. And you have tried about every thing else.

Sounds like you've exhausted all the possibilities and a brown truck to DJI may be the only fix. Still hard to believe that the part that loads the firmware is in the firmware itself. That should be in separate read-only memory so that holding the link button while powering on will load the bin file on the card regardless of what firmware or version is "detected". I agree: should have some fallback like Android. Although being an Android ROM developer, I know it's possible to brick those too. So sometimes... it is what it is. :)

Mike

Sdharris- I already mentioned above that now with the beeping, it doesn't do anything. Let me spell it out clearer: at this point, it does not fly. The motors do not activate. The aircraft portion does not connect to the controller (the camera sometimes links up, but says "aircraft disconnected." I have tried calibrating the controller and anything else that can calibrate. I've relinked the controller. So no, it does not fly.

I remember reading through some of your prior logs and seeing that it wouldn't even recognize that the device was connected. I still think given everything you've tried, it's essentially bricked. Just send it to DJI. The amount of time (while some of it is knowledge gained) doesn't justify holding off IMO. You could go another 3 weeks diddling with it and still be in the same spot and by then (hopefully) DJI could have fixed it for you.

Mike

I sent an email to DJI Support. I'm just afraid that (a) they won't repair it since I bought it second-hand, or (b) they will charge an extreme amount to fix it

Well all... No good news to report - no fix found to this issue.

However, DJI has given me a RMA number and a shipping label to send my bird in...

Just got my repair estimate email from DJI. I guess it was a little more damaged (internally) than I thought. Total, it's going to cost $251 to repair. But, it looks like they are replacing about ALL non-perfect components, so I will be getting back a (basically) brand new Phantom!

Here's what they are replacing:
•Phantom 3 adv/pro bottom cover modules
•Phantom3_top shell V3
•Phantom 3 adv/pro landing gear modules
•Phantom3 GPS V6 PCBA
•Phantom3 Phantom 3 GPS shielding pad
•Gimbal Roll Axis Component (Pro/Adv)
•Gimbal Pitch Axis Component (Pro/Adv)
•Phantom3_FC300_SENSOR_V9_FPC

Submitting my payment tomorrow, so repairs can start right away. Excited to get it back, probably better shape than when I got it!

Also, another important point:
Tomorrow, I am also going to the FAA's sUAS site and registering both of my Phantoms. (I also have a Phantom 3 Standard)

Just my noob input and probably not the issue, aren't there different FW's for the different models? I have the advanced with the 1.8.80 and downloaded it from the DJI advanced FW page. I did notice there was a different FW for the professional (even though it was the same FW version)

That would be too easy.

Just my noob input and probably not the issue, aren't there different FW's for the different models? I have the advanced with the 1.8.80 and downloaded it from the DJI advanced FW page. I did notice there was a different FW for the professional (even though it was the same FW version)

That would be too easy.

Tytlyf, to answer your question: yes, each model has its own firmware version. Meaning, you can't load p3a's FW on the p3p. That would definitely lead to problems. And no, that wasn't even remotely my original issue...

I got my P3P back from DJI Repair last week, and I've got to say- they did a remarkable job! If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was brand new!! Great job, even though it DID cost me $251... But there was an issue with something loose on the MOBO, so I would not have been able to find or fix it myself anyways... They also replaced new shells, gps, camera and gimbal, landing gear, etc...

my p3 pro is new. I did a fw update and it beeped and I gor red and green on the drive light. it finally stopped and nor I get a constant beep. I have formatted and reloaded and all sorts of thing, but it won't activate the fw load. the text says failed. I get camera control and pic but nothing else. the controller updated but it's calling for a camera update and a a/c update. anyway I can reboot this and start over.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie