P3 power modifications

DBS: I think you look much cooler with a $1 science class mod than the bonehead who was sold $200 gizmo for his $1000 machine.

Besides, if you care so much about looking 'cool'. Go buy a Ferrari and stop flying drones.

I don't think anybody is a bone head for modding the controller and adding high gain antennas for further range.. When you want 10 miles plus range the windsurfer won't rise up to the challenge. Parabolic shapes is nothing new - if I look at my roof I see a parabolic dish.

This is a hobby and each to their own enjoyment. Judging other people and insulting other people is poor form. There are many people laughing at the stupidity of people who spend $1000 on a drone.

Guys, just finished my first test with my Horizon FPV antennas and power mod today. Have to say I was incredibly impressed. Over 5.25 miles each way, 25% battery left, and solid connection throughout. Maybe alot of people haven't used Horizon, but their NEW antennas are special!
Check them out at
www.HorizonFPVantennas.us

Here's the flight video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Do you have only UAV mode or RC as well

First of all, there are many people who max out their range of their STOCK Phantom 3s. Zero antenna widgets.

And when it comes to 2.4, you are simply not going to get substantially better penetration through foliage/etc. It's science - not gimmeckerly. 2.4 is 2.4. If you want range and penetration, you get UHF.

Folks should read up exactly how much doubling the output power gets you in range. It helps, but only a very small amount. And that is if you are doubling output power.

A lot of people are making claims. But there are virtually zero objective tests. It's just a bunch of anecdotes to sell you widgets.

Last edited:
I agree with mohan, you guys should check out his 10 mile flight in which he actually landed 10 miles away!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31