P3 power modifications

Reaction score
Guys, just finished my first test with my Horizon FPV antennas and power mod today. Have to say I was incredibly impressed. Over 5.25 miles each way, 25% battery left, and solid connection throughout. Maybe alot of people haven't used Horizon, but their NEW antennas are special!
Check them out at
www.HorizonFPVantennas.us

Here's the flight video

Don't get why anyone would waste money on that when you can double the range of the antennas with a $1 piece of aluminium foil? I've been running 5km each way doing that.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441014431.487252.jpg

Anyone can find the PDF in this forum and simply cut and glue and banzai! Away you go!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441014454.882623.jpg

Don't get why anyone would waste money on that when you can double the range of the antennas with a $1 piece of aluminium

Because... some don't want to stand out in public with their controller looking like a 5th grade science project?

And there's a big difference between 5km and 5 miles

Just my guess...

I mean who goes out and buys a product for over a thousand dollars and starts strapping aluminum foil gizmos to it just to save a buck?

Don't get me wrong , I started out the same way 4 years ago experimenting with the windsurfer design parabolic extenders... but then you end up wanting more range... then you end up with real antennas.

Guys, just finished my first test with my Horizon FPV antennas and power mod today. Have to say I was incredibly impressed. Over 5.25 miles each way, 25% battery left, and solid connection throughout. Maybe alot of people haven't used Horizon, but their NEW antennas are special!
Check them out at

Here's the flight video

Very nice! Can you give details of the mod you had done? I'm going to go for an ITelite panel antenna but am thinking of power mod and maybe an rf amp as well. What increase in flight time do you get with the power mod?

Check them out at

Here's the flight video

Nice one, I am planing to perform power mod myself. Install two addition batteries 1300 mA and after that test maxAMPS 1800 mA batteries

Don't get me wrong, I think the P3 controller with an iPad Air 2 on top looks silly enough (which is what I use), but I think these antenna and booster mods look ugly and bulky. But, form over function, I suppose. That said, one day I will probably have two 15 dBi fiberglass omnis on the roof my truck just to see how far I can get. :cool:

15dBi omni??

It can't be onmidirectional AND have 15dBi gain.
It will have at least one lobe.

Don't get me wrong, I think the P3 controller with an iPad Air 2 on top looks silly enough (which is what I use), but I think these antenna and booster mods look ugly and bulky. But, form over function, I suppose. That said, one day I will probably have two 15 dBi fiberglass omnis on the roof my truck just to see how far I can get. :cool:
Hilarious! Send a pic please.

haha Yah, that'll do it. Last year I built a hex with Immersion EzUHF and EzAntennaTracker on it. That thing is awesome. I think the furthest I took it out was about 10km before chickening out and coming home. haha I think have a couple pics on my phone...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441032980.749396.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441033016.898942.jpg

Reactions: witold and Fplvert
I want the power mod, but I'm in the UK..... I'm hoping they will start doing international soon.

Nope, not onmi.

8 degree vertical beam width.

Can't be isotropic and have gain.

You can't get gain from a passive antenna without some type of beam shaping.
Doesn't mean you won't get the results you're after.

You can't get gain from a passive antenna without some type of beam shaping.
Doesn't mean you won't get the results you're after.
Well, the manufacturers always tell us just what we want to hear about their products. We use those antennas to get wireless Internet to rural areas all the time, longest link into one is about 58 km. So, I'm pretty confident that it would work just fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20