P3 Parts on V2+?

Reaction score
As i was watching the P3 live stream, I was thinking, "wonder if I could slap that camera on my V2+". I'm guessing it's the same shell as the V2+, with very different guts, but does anyone think that could be a possibility? Slowly upgrade the guts of my V2+ to be a P3? It might be more expensive and more trouble than it's worth, but was hoping to avoid dropping another 1300 on a new quad.

I'm also assuming the batteries for the P3 are the same as the V2+, that'd be nice.

I really just want the light bridge and a 4k camera.

just curious what people's thoughts are on cannibalizing/frankensteining my V2+ into a P3

The P3 batteries are not compatible with the P2.

I wouldn't have my hopes too high that any of this would be possible, or worthwhile.
And, as stated, it's in the P3 FAQ that the batteries are different and not interchangeable.

Not just the batteries.
Almost nothing is interchangeable between the P2 and 3 - even the props.
The good news is that at the price DJI has put on the P3, it's not a big deal.

I was wondering if the new style remote would useable with the P2. I too want the Lightbridge. I seem to lose wifi connect more than I'd like...

Ya, I confirmed that the new remote won't work w/ the 2. This is such a bummer. I've had my Phantom for less than 2 months, and the new version is $200 less than what I paid for my 2.

I wish dji had an upgrade program.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers