P3 motors will not arm

Reaction score
ok - right out of the box i updated the firmware on my new P3 and remote control. After turning on the controller and aircraft, nothing happens when i attempt to arm the motors other than a slight jiggle of the camera gimbal. Front lights are steady red, rear lights flash amber. What the heck am I doing wrong???

Did you get a txt file message on the sd card after the firmware update on the P3 stating "Success" after the update ? and also from the controller showing "success" ? it will be on the sd card with the bin file.

Calibrate your IMU on a flat and level surface. If you do the cold method it will "warm up" faster on when you power up going forward. Search is your friend on the cold method.

ok - right out of the box i updated the firmware on my new P3 and remote control. After turning on the controller and aircraft, nothing happens when i attempt to arm the motors other than a slight jiggle of the camera gimbal. Front lights are steady red, rear lights flash amber. What the heck am I doing wrong???
Whoa, I would have never ever updated the firmware out of the box given all of the horrendous risk of doing it discussed on here. Why did you? I updated my first one, after about a week of flawless flight and boom, it was bricked, ruined, trash. Numerous other stories discussed on here and general consensus EVERYWHERE was to stay with 1.1.9. So why did you update?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

... And mine did something very similar to what your describing.. Pretty good chance it's ruined and I hope you used amazon or you'll be waiting a long time

Whoa, I would have never ever updated the firmware out of the box given all of the horrendous risk of doing it discussed on here. Why did you? I updated my first one, after about a week of flawless flight and boom, it was bricked, ruined, trash. Numerous other stories discussed on here and general consensus EVERYWHERE was to stay with 1.1.9. So why did you update?

Take it easy, the guy is new. With most products running any type of computer the first thing people do is update software / firmware its only natural. Buy a new Windows or Apple computer and after turning it on the first thing its looking for is updates

My new Phantom 3 Pro I received yesterday also came with firmware 1.1.9. You know the newer firmware is an issue when DJI is still shipping brand new units with the older firmware which is where I will be keeping it.

Reactions: Fplvert
Welcome to the forum,

You'll get lots of help here.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

Did you set up your account yet? This is part of binding to your device.

Calibrate your IMU on a flat and level surface. If you do the cold method it will "warm up" faster on when you power up going forward. Search is your friend on the cold method.
Are you getting IMU errors or calibration out of range warnings? I was right away and calibrating IMU through the app fixed this for me.

Also, I don't blame someone for updating out of the box. I did, as my thinking is there are FW fixes that address potential known issues that could come up. Now, that said, this should also be a lesson to check the firmware threads here before updating to see if any issues are widespread (which I also did).

Hopefully IMU gets you off the ground!

Did you get a txt file message on the sd card after the firmware update on the P3 stating "Success" after the update ? and also from the controller showing "success" ? it will be on the sd card with the bin file.
have "success" msg from aircraft and "success" followed by "file you attempted to install is older than one currently installed" on controller.... aircraft is now showing steady red on the front lights and flashing green on the rear lights when i attempt to arm the motors.. still getting slight camera movement when i attempt to arm motors

have "success" msg from aircraft and "success" followed by "file you attempted to install is older than one currently installed" on controller.... aircraft is now showing steady red on the front lights and flashing green on the rear lights when i attempt to arm the motors.. still getting slight camera movement when i attempt to arm motors

Are you getting IMU errors or calibration out of range warnings? I was right away and calibrating IMU through the app fixed this for me.

Also, I don't blame someone for updating out of the box. I did, as my thinking is there are FW fixes that address potential known issues that could come up. Now, that said, this should also be a lesson to check the firmware threads here before updating to see if any issues are widespread (which I also did).

Hopefully IMU gets you off the ground!
i will give that a try... the only change i have noticed after calibrating is the rear lights now flash green instead of amber.. front lights still are steady red

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic