P3 motor mount stress cracks 3A 3S 3Pro

Reaction score
Got a question for phantom 3 owners..........a lot of folk have reported the dreaded stress cracks, does this only affect the P3 A and pro model or has it occurred just as much on the P3 standard?
Thanks in advance for any replies

Got a question for phantom 3 owners..........a lot of folk have reported the dreaded stress cracks, does this only affect the P3 A and pro model or has it occurred just as much on the P3 standard?
Thanks in advance for any replies
My p34k got stress cracks ..p3s is OK....
14912479247491050064922.jpg
aaaaaarrrrrrgggggg

It affects all. I sent my P3S in for repair to DJI in the beginning of March. Got it back with a new shell all covered under warranty. After I got it back, I checked all the screws to make sure they were not over tightened before flying. All is good now. Hopefully it will stay that way

My p3s got them on every motor mount. Sent in & repaired under warranty.

I only have it on the one leg that got the brunt of a relatively minor crash.

I think this is caused by over-tightening of the screws from the factory. I was able to 're-torque' mine on Day 1 because I immediately installed prop guards. It's been removed after a few weeks and since then, no other cracks have developed. But just to be proactive, I installed a set of 3D-printed motor reinforcements.

It also helps to make sure your props are perfectly balanced.

They all use basically same design apart from change round the centre lower section. So arms on all will suffer same.

I have cracks in one arm at the motor screws. They were not over-tightened by factory ... having been victim of factory installations in the past - I'm one of those who runs a screwdriver etc. round checking ...

I cured the cracks by using PU glue ... this expands with moisture and is featherlight. You can use a toothpick point to get it into the cracks and them let it set overnight. Make sure the joint is taped up secure as the glue expands. Sand back the excess and then refit motor.
I also added alloy end plates .... now I have no problem at all.

You can use MEK modellers Plastic Weld to mend the cracks .... but beware - it works by melting the plastic - so only a tiny wipe with a small paint brush on the cracks ....

Nigel

I dont have them (yet) on my P3 standard and the bird is now nearly 2 years old, but over here in UK a good few people have reported getting them, but only seems to be on the P3 A and P3 pro models, i had a bad theory that the p3 s might be immune, clearly not

I now have the first stress crack between 2 motor screws, it is hairline and had to get magnifying glass to confirm, not goint to get "stressed out" over it, i have gone round all the motor screws and backed them of a fraction, i better be careful not to go into a reverse direction at high speed with it

Fit the plates ....

Take care not to back off your mount screws ..... they are thread-locked and need to be tight. BLUE loctite is the thread lock you need.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl