P3 lost in Charles River

Exactly why I think that this CSC thing should be dedicated to a button or switch that isn't used for actual flying and maneuvering.
Yeah, I'm actually a fan of this. On the Bebop there's actually a big on screen button that says emergency stop. Even the controller itself doesn't have it (IIRC), but the screen makes it easy and quick if you need to use it.

DJI has had this for ages and it hasn't been a problem.
You aren't going to accidentally make a CSC while flying normally.
You'd only get there if you are just making crazy moves on the sticks like a chimp or the guy mentioned above..

DJI has had this for ages and it hasn't been a problem.
You aren't going to accidentally make a CSC while flying normally.
You'd only get there if you are just making crazy moves on the sticks like a chimp or the guy mentioned above..

Sounds good enough for me haha. Thanks

There are thousands of Phantom 3s out there and some will crash - for a lot of different reasons. That 1 or 2 or 3 crash isn't reason to get anxious. Wait till you have a lot more information.
Thousands? Didn't DJI just start shipping the Phantom 3's?

Yea, I agree, they sold thousands.....including one to me, but am waiting for the ios app and a little more time before testing my P3 too high or over water

Reactions: Gearie
Thats not True at all. Just opening up any of the phanoms will not void any warranty inless you actully do some thing that causes damage then the warranty is out the window. BUT this is dji we are talking about here any way so its not like some one would be loseing much even if they did do some thing to void there not all that much of a warranty any way.

That is true it was stated by Tahoe Ed who I believe works for dji

Well there was a case a few months ago when some one was wrongly told by a misinformed worker at a place that sells and repaires djis that opening up the shell voids the warranty and they would not let the guy send his in for warranty repair. Then after the person posted about it the owner of the co seen the post and made sure to straighten things out and clarify that just opening up the shell or even doing any work in side one does NOT void the warranty unless the person actually did some thing that caused the damage needing to be repaired.

It would be pretty messed up for dji to void a warranty for opening up the shell considering on most of there models they sell upgrade items that require opening up the shell and they also used to include a screw driver and a hex driver so the owner could open up the shells. To then say oh but if you do that it voids a warranty would be about as messed up as a car co voiding your warranty if you ever opened the hood or if you ever got a flat tire and used the included lug wrench to change the tire.

and also there is no kind of seal or any thing that had to be broken to open up a phantom or any way for them to even ever know one was ever opened up and a peek taken inside to make sure every that was all good or not or no random lose parts floating around waiting to cause a problem.

Reactions: N017RW

DJi can say this, that opening the Phantom will void the warranty, but I doubt they would ever enforce it. In many states this would not hold up to the literal definition and spirit of the law as it relates to warranties etc. It's really no different than opening up the hood of your car or the air filter box and looking around.

DJi can say this, that opening the Phantom will void the warranty, but I doubt they would ever enforce it. In many states this would not hold up to the literal definition and spirit of the law as it relates to warranties etc. It's really no different than opening up the hood of your car or the air filter box and looking around.
Why risk it? Fly it like you stole it and if something happens it was all stock.

Thats not True at all. Just opening up any of the phanoms will not void any warranty inless you actully do some thing that causes damage then the warranty is out the window. BUT this is dji we are talking about here any way so its not like some one would be loseing much even if they did do some thing to void there not all that much of a warranty any way.

Well what you seem to be sujesting is compeleatly absurd
and I cant even fathom were you are getting any such ideal that i even in any way shape or form suggested any one go pulling out any wires or replace any thing whats so ever or any of that non sense you are trying to imagine any one saying. and If you think re flowing solder joints that are crappy would involve adding new wires then> i would suggest you dont even dare try fixing any thing ever being you probaby would not know a wire from a circuit board.

Why the heck would any one even think about replacing wires as a way to solve the very wide spread and known problem with most any thing thats soldered in china? oh wait you would not know a good solder joint from a cold solder joint if it hit you on the head. So im sure then you would not know how common it is to have solder joints that are just barely attached on most of the wires in all the phantoms as well as most mass produced stuff out of china thats not only hand soldered but also done with lead free solder.

Hum again i dont know were you are pulling this non sence stuff out of your realend from.(oh wait I just answered where you are pulling it from lol ) BUT can you or any one recall me ever offering any services to any one for a price for any thing here ??? ya I didn't think so. Tho maybe it might be a good idea to offer some services to people like your self that dont know any thing about these contraptions and probably have more money then you have sense.

So you are not the J. James who goes by the name "burlbark" in these forums and who also signs his posts with "Jeremy James"? If not, then I was wrong and apologize for the part about esc wires, because that is EXACTLY what that J. James suggests and offers a paid service to do. You are still wrong about the solder joints on the power line though, and I have been doing electrical soldering probably long before your mother even decided to bring you into this world.

Exactly why I think that this CSC thing should be dedicated to a button or switch that isn't used for actual flying and maneuvering.

Yeah, but DON'T hit that button while flying!! Whatever you do! :)

I've been lurking. I'm a new phantom 3 owner. I personally witnessed friend 1's V2+ crash into some sand on the beach from around 80m up when he let friend 2 pilot it. Friend 2 was not paying attention to friend 1 when he explained of all things what not to do (CSC) when piloting. Friend 2 proceeded to go crazy on both sticks and ended up executing the command. Luckily all it needed was a new cable for the gimbal and a good thorough cleaning.

I'm not saying OP was doing this, but you guys made me think. Today I was trying to execute a pretty complex shot (for me) where I was descending while adjusting pitch and yaw and tilting the gimbal. I realized after reading this post that if I had held the right stick down any further I would have thoughtlessly executed the CSC...I'll be sure to keep that in mind now. I was flying over a though, not a river thankfully.

See, it CAN happen.

Reactions: imwhitey
So you are not the J. James who goes by the name "burlbark" in these forums and who also signs his posts with "Jeremy James"?

J. James resides in Up State NY per profile, burbark is in So Ca., Fort Brag... per his repair site, a whole country apart!

517eee88ce395f521d000000.jpg

Reactions: DennyA and imwhitey
Well there was a case a few months ago when some one was wrongly told by a misinformed worker at a place that sells and repaires djis that opening up the shell voids the warranty and they would not let the guy send his in for warranty repair. Then after the person posted about it the owner of the co seen the post and made sure to straighten things out and clarify that just opening up the shell or even doing any work in side one does NOT void the warranty unless the person actually did some thing that caused the damage needing to be repaired.

It would be pretty messed up for dji to void a warranty for opening up the shell considering on most of there models they sell upgrade items that require opening up the shell and they also used to include a screw driver and a hex driver so the owner could open up the shells. To then say oh but if you do that it voids a warranty would be about as messed up as a car co voiding your warranty if you ever opened the hood or if you ever got a flat tire and used the included lug wrench to change the tire.

and also there is no kind of seal or any thing that had to be broken to open up a phantom or any way for them to even ever know one was ever opened up and a peek taken inside to make sure every that was all good or not or no random lose parts floating around waiting to cause a problem.

It may be messed up but here is the copy of the post from the thread. This was the reason I decided not to run with the Flytrex Tracker. whether or not they would enforce it is another matter but as this is my first drone I didn't want to risk it.

Since we have Tahoe/Blade keeping an eye on this thread...
This has been asked before and the answer has been ambiguous...
Do we void warranty if you pop the hood off the P3 to do a regular inspect?

While I may not agree with the policy, the answer is yes.

#348Tahoe Ed, Apr 21, 2015

So you are not the J. James who goes by the name "burlbark" in these forums and who also signs his posts with "Jeremy James"? If not, then I was wrong and apologize for the part about esc wires, because that is EXACTLY what that J. James suggests and offers a paid service to do. You are still wrong about the solder joints on the power line though, and I have been doing electrical soldering probably long before your mother even decided to bring you into this world.

Nope that's definitely not me. I'm John James.
Tho I think I know the posts you are speaking of cause I do remember seeing a few posts from some one awhile back about suggesting replacing the wires on the new 2213 motors as some sort of way to fix the problem that dji had with the non 2.1v ESCs when the wires are plenty big enough to carry ac power any way as long as they are keep from touching the Mofets. So the insulation dont melt and cause a short. But I dont see how that would help with the mofets getting as hot as they were in the first place and burning out if the motors were stopped by some thing like a crash or a tip over. Which is not caused by the thin gauge wires to the new motors being they dont get hot at all and they are the same gauge was the windings and even thicker then the windings in the older motors.

Tho my apologies for getting a lil hot under the collar back at you.

Tho I still stand by my statement that its not a bad idea to at least double check the soldering on any of the wires to the boards in these being they are a flying machine and an oz of prevention is worth a pound of cure if it can keep any one form being even that 1 out of 1000 were one solder joint failing in flight can really ruin some ones day. esp when it comes to lead free solder. They can some times look perfect and still not be really bonded all the way to the solder pads. and if one is every going to pop off its usually when its flying and from vibration rather then when on the ground were it would not matter as much other then just not letting some one fire up there bird and head for disaster.

Yeah, but DON'T hit that button while flying!! Whatever you do! :)
More than 1 way to do a CSC shut down in flight!

Just for fun guys. that monkey may have an easier time than thought !

djicsc-jpg.18407

found this the other day and in another forum.

also If I read right in manual it is possible to left stick shut down motors if the mode is set a certain way

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/NAZA-M_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.26_en.pdf

check out immediate vs intelligent modes

FROM MANUAL :

If you choose the Immediately Mode, yous hould not pull throttle stick under 10% during flight, because it will stop motors. If you do it accidentally, you should push the throttle stick over 10% in 5sto re-start motors.

(2) DO NOT execute the CSCduring normal flight without any reason, or it will stop motors at once.

(1) If you choose the Intelligentmode, and the throttle stick is under 10%, this will trigger the landing Procedure, in any control mode. In this judgment, pitch, roll and yaw controls are denied except the throttle, but multi-rotor will still auto level.

(2) In any control mode, DO NOT pull throttle stick under 10% during normal flight without any reason.

Nope that's definitely not me. I'm John James.
Tho I think I know the posts you are speaking of cause I do remember seeing a few posts from some one awhile back about suggesting replacing the wires on the new 2213 motors as some sort of way to fix the problem that dji had with the non 2.1v ESCs when the wires are plenty big enough to carry ac power any way as long as they are keep from touching the Mofets. So the insulation dont melt and cause a short. But I dont see how that would help with the mofets getting as hot as they were in the first place and burning out if the motors were stopped by some thing like a crash or a tip over. Which is not caused by the thin gauge wires to the new motors being they dont get hot at all and they are the same gauge was the windings and even thicker then the windings in the older motors.

Tho my apologies for getting a lil hot under the collar back at you.

Tho I still stand by my statement that its not a bad idea to at least double check the soldering on any of the wires to the boards in these being they are a flying machine and an oz of prevention is worth a pound of cure if it can keep any one form being even that 1 out of 1000 were one solder joint failing in flight can really ruin some ones day. esp when it comes to lead free solder. They can some times look perfect and still not be really bonded all the way to the solder pads. and if one is every going to pop off its usually when its flying and from vibration rather then when on the ground were it would not matter as much other then just not letting some one fire up there bird and head for disaster.

Thanks for clearing that up. My bad. I remember the thread a few months ago where the guy(there were actually a couple of guys, can't remember the other one) with the same first initial and last name as you recommended cutting the motor winding wires where they extend to the esc. and replacing them with thicker, stranded wires. I really thought this was some very bad advice and when I saw your name was so similar, I came to the wrong conclusion and assumed you were the same person.

I agree with what your opinion of the situation, I suspected the mosfets from the beginning.

I'll agree that DJI's soldering is certainly not the best and checking the solder joints can never hurt. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for understanding.

Likewise Jstic And I could see it happening being there are a lot of J.James's in the US Its funny cause I also know 2 other John James. One who even used to own the house I live in to. So that can get real confusing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav