P3 lost in Charles River

I'm thinking along the same lines as you. When mine arrives this week I'm not going to open it, I will then have 14 working days to monitor any more crashes and the outcome of the 2 major ones that have happened so far before I decide if to return it or not. I'm still wondering what tablets were being used on the 2 major ones so far and if that had something to do with it or not. I'm seeing a lot of people using devices that are either not good enough or don't come recommend by dji. Just hope there are no more reports of one dropping out the sky, and dji resolve why at least the first one did.

Leekiya, you have better willpower than me, for sure! Mine should be here Wednesday and I'll fly it Wednesday - low level and nearby so I can practice with the new controls/button layout. Then I'll ease into more but not much...

Reactions: leekiya
Leekiya, you have better willpower than me, for sure! Mine should be here Wednesday and I'll fly it Wednesday - low level and nearby so I can practice with the new controls/button layout. Then I'll ease into more but not much...

LOL, i was just thinking this my self and it could prove very hard while staring at the box Wednesday night after a few beers. :D:D

That's for sure, Leekiya! Wine for me, but as a post-flight celebration!

Are the logs recorded in the mobile app or only the aircraft?

People are saying that only on the end of the flight they are transferred to the mobile phone.
The way I understand it is that there is info on both ends that DJI can use to help determine the cause.

That's for sure, Leekiya! Wine for me, but as a post-flight celebration!
I'd go with an islay single malt but I don't get mine until Friday and will likely be driving after my maiden voyage. Now if it'd get here on Thursday, Thursday night will be a joyous celebration. Oh and I need the iOS app.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you. When mine arrives this week I'm not going to open it, I will then have 14 working days to monitor any more crashes and the outcome of the 2 major ones that have happened so far before I decide if to return it or not. I'm still wondering what tablets were being used on the 2 major ones so far and if that had something to do with it or not. I'm seeing a lot of people using devices that are either not good enough or don't come recommend by dji. Just hope there are no more reports of one dropping out the sky, and dji resolve why at least the first one did.
I have been checking on some Inspire boards and seeing similar issues where tablet locks/reboots (even using Ipads/recommended tablets) and bird crashes. Being a software guy when I see similar issues, I naturally suspect the app first.

Why would the app crashing affect the stick controls? I could understand if app crashing somehow put the drone in manual mode and it would definitely plummet unless you add some serious throttle - does that make sense?

The only person I have seen who reported recovering disconnected tablet from controller and rebooted tablet and was able to regain control. I have seen multiple reports of hitting return to home when tablet locks and birds not responding so I am not sure how tablet lock affects the R/C. Mind you, I am not saying I know the answer, I just know what I would look at first. :)

Think I'll try starting the engines and letting them idle, then close the app and see what happens...

Being that the phantom 3 is product made by DJI It would probably be just as good advise as it is on every other phantom to not fly it in till you have had a chance to open up the shell and actually solder the power wires properly and not have to take chances relying on the soldering job done by 6 year old kids. A wire suddenly coming off in flight is a common cause of them just suddenly going dead and just dropping like a brick. Being that if it were just a ESC or a motor giving out it would still have video feed of a horrific crash as it flips and tumbles to the ground. Tho with out being able to recover the down bird its not going to be to possible to see if a failed solder joint was the case or not.

is it possible that being within 5 miles of Logan airport, the autoland kicked in?
just asking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers