P3 lens cover issue?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a trick to getting the lens cover off my P3 Pro camera? I broke the tool that DJI sends with the P3 Pro to get it off. No luck! I'm thinking maybe it does not screw off and I have to buy slip over filter instead.

Does anyone know if there is a trick to getting the lens cover off my P3 Pro camera? I broke the tool that DJI sends with the P3 Pro to get it off. No luck! I'm thinking maybe it does not screw off and I have to buy slip over filter instead.
This is about the 490th question about this same issue about getting the lens cover off.
Many posts here. Grip it Lighly with even pressure and gently twist counter clockwise-- it comes off quite easily. If you try to muscle it or use your vice grips,:D the aluminum threads sieze and prevent turning.
Here is one of the threads.
Remove lens

Reactions: Pete Leare
You're so right Bob.. Nothing like checking the threads first! To the OP, either wear latex gloves and twist CCW with very light grip, or get a rubber band and place it around the end of the lens and twist as mentioned above.

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks one and all. New to the forum but typed keywords in search tool and did not get results. Subsequent search after being ticketed by the FPS (Forum Police Squad) produced the threads. I think I am correct about the lens cover removal tool. Did not come with my new P3 Pro a month ago but came with a friends P3 Pro on Tuesday. Its hard white plastic and has a rubber "grip" strip inside and fits just about perfectly around the lens cap. I was probably applying too much pressure as suggested. It's with my friend or I would post a photo.

Thanks one and all. New to the forum but typed keywords in search tool and did not get results. Subsequent search after being ticketed by the FPS (Forum Police Squad) produced the threads. I think I am correct about the lens cover removal tool. Did not come with my new P3 Pro a month ago but came with a friends P3 Pro on Tuesday. Its hard white plastic and has a rubber "grip" strip inside and fits just about perfectly around the lens cap. I was probably applying too much pressure as suggested. It's with my friend or I would post a photo.

i thought this tool was for the props [emoji16] havent used it.

... I think I am correct about the lens cover removal tool. Did not come with my new P3 Pro a month ago but came with a friends P3 Pro on Tuesday. Its hard white plastic and has a rubber "grip" strip inside and fits just about perfectly around the lens cap.....

Nope.

Attachments

• in the box.JPG
    in the box.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members