P3 Increased Battery Performance

Remember that prop guards will also reduce your flight time by about 13% so don't use them unless you REALLY need to.
Seriously?
Actually I'd round up to 14%...Effect of prop-guards on flight time (13.9% reduction)
I did the video so let me know if you have any questions. I was equally surprised, and really haven't used my prop guards since.
SERIOUSLY!? That's amazing. Can you post a link to your vid? Just removed the prop guards on the strength of this info. It's no wonder I've only been getting 16/17 mins (albeit in high winds) so hopefully this'll improve matters...

Reactions: deltamike
Seriously?

SERIOUSLY!? That's amazing. Can you post a link to your vid? Just removed the prop guards on the strength of this info. It's no wonder I've only been getting 16/17 mins (albeit in high winds) so hopefully this'll improve matters...

On my FC40 after numerous trials I found that an extra 3.25 to 3.55 minutes flight time was gained by removing the guards on a 4000 mAhr battery, which indicates that prop guards DO reduce flight time.

I never did find out why. Curious I suppose - does anyone know?

Pete

On my FC40 after numerous trials I found that an extra 3.25 to 3.55 minutes flight time was gained by removing the guards on a 4000 mAhr battery, which indicates that prop guards DO reduce flight time.

I never did find out why. Curious I suppose - does anyone know?

Pete
The obvious answer must be that they add a huge amount of parasitic drag. (Too obvious perhaps?)
They probably also disrupt the airflow from the props, resulting in energy/lift loss?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20