P3 in a TradeCraft V+ case

Reaction score
Took me 2 mins to slice out a chunk of the foam so the controller would fit. The bird is snug around the landing gear but not too snug. P2V+ controller has some slight wobble but won't dislodge w/ the lit closed. I put my Shield tablet between the rear props, and it doesn't move with the lid closed. Posting because of the questions re: whether the P3 fits in a P2V+ case.
p2v.jpg

p3a.jpg

Reactions: UAVLounge
I also have one of those Tradecraft cases that I used for a P2V. With some minor cutting I was able to include the controller with the modified IteLite antenna. I like these cases because, unlike the hard-shell backpack, you don't have remove the props. Anyway, I now have a the Phantom P3 advanced and would like to use the same carrying case – but it seems like the pressure on the P3A landing gear is way too tight. Did you have to modify that in some way? Perhaps the frame on your P3 and P3A are slightly different.
tradecraft_case.jpg

Following up on my previous post... I was concerned about the pressure on the landing gear so I planned to cut some more foam out of my P2V Tradecraft case in order to accommodate my new P3A. Instead of doing that I decided to pull out the entire foam structure which is all one piece. And I plopped in the form from the hardshell backpack since I already had the backpack for the P3A anyway. I just had to add some padding on the sides of the case but once closed it all seems secure. I like the backpack but for most of my projects I prefer the Tradecraft case. I'll attach an image.
p3a_tradecraft_backpack.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31