P3 in a case - bad for gimbal/shocks during travel?

Reaction score
I was just wondering if when the P3 is being transported in a case (so, on its side in most cases) - would you think that was bad for the gimbal shocks, or anything else, depending on how long it was in that position? Just came back from a 12hr road trip vacation, and went out of my way to make sure my case was on top of the other luggage and horizontal. But, got me wondering if I'm overthinking it, or how fragile is it really? (had gimbal guard & lens cover on)

During a project at work I brought along my p3 to work and was driving around with it for a few days in the trunk on its side in this case. When I took it out for a shoot I noticed one of the damper rubber balls had split needing replacement.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439144450.024429.jpg

Reactions: Australis5
I put the factory gimbal holder and small foam piece back on the camera anytime for travel. Does the small foam piece do anything to help the gimbal/camera?

Interesting @xave - thats what I was thinking

@Schnerds - i know that piece will help prevent any gimbal movement, but it doesn't do anything to prevent stress (as far as I can tell) on the white gimbal shock/dampers

This is a good point. I'm thinking a couple of pieces of Velcro from front to back rapped around the top and bottom piece of the gimbals.

My case has foam insert to support from below. Plus I bought an aftermarket lens cap and gimbal lock which is very tight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan