P3 HDMI Module Warm

YYZ

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I'm trying to solve an issue where I receive constant "grey" video disconnect message every 30 seconds or so ONLY when I fly with an external HDMI monitor/goggles connected to my HDMI module in addition to my ipad mini2. I experience this regardless of having the phantom in the air or sitting on a table next to my remote. If I disconnect the HDMI cable, all is well.

I have noticed that the HDMI module itself becomes quite warm to the touch after several minutes with the HDMI output connected to a display. I haven't noticed this while flying without any HDMI external display connected.

Is it normal for the HDMI module to become quite warm while flying with HDMI output active? I can definitely see how heating would cause the module to cause these disconnects.

Cheers,
Greg

Hi friends,

I'm trying to solve an issue where I receive constant "grey" video disconnect message every 30 seconds or so ONLY when I fly with an external HDMI monitor/goggles connected to my HDMI module in addition to my ipad mini2. I experience this regardless of having the phantom in the air or sitting on a table next to my remote. If I disconnect the HDMI cable, all is well.

I have noticed that the HDMI module itself becomes quite warm to the touch after several minutes with the HDMI output connected to a display. I haven't noticed this while flying without any HDMI external display connected.

Is it normal for the HDMI module to become quite warm while flying with HDMI output active? I can definitely see how heating would cause the module to cause these disconnects.

Cheers,
Greg

I am also having the heat issue, mine actually got very hot with the Phantom just sitting on a table and the HDMI pluigged into a TV. A little disappointed with the picture also, doesn't look 720p.

I will have to check this out. I was trying out the HDMI port . I had the 32in tv hooked up and I thought the picture was not so good.

Okay. It seems like heating of the module is consistent. Maybe safe to assume heating is not causing this.

I replaced the ipad with my new blackberry phone running Android OS. No disconnects over a 5 min span with drone on my coffee table. Flight test with headplays up next.

Stay tuned....

Problem Solved: It turns out, I was sold a lemon HDMI module. I swapped it out with a friend's module this weekend, and I flew several flights with Headplay goggles. No problems at all. The guys at Drones Plus in Toronto were very helpful, and have offered to replace my 6 month old module at no charge.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl