P3 HDMI board...good purchase or bad idea right now?...

I have a HD TV ground station on a tripod, that I will use at times as well as goggles. Anxious to start testing when I get all the pieces. Still waiting on the HDMI board to ship-- getting as bad as waiting for the extra batteries.

Of course I have the HDMI board. HDMI capture is not for everyone. The original video was excellent. All be it 32 Gigabytes for a 8 minute capture, spectacular for 720/60P. What you see has went through 2 compressions from the original.

Reactions: bobmyers
I have a HD TV ground station on a tripod, that I will use at times as well as goggles. Anxious to start testing when I get all the pieces. Still waiting on the HDMI board to ship-- getting as bad as waiting for the extra batteries.

Did u order your board from DJI directly? If so, cancel the order and buy one from Dronesmadeeasy .com - They have them in stock and you'd probably get it in a couple of days since they are in San Diego, Ca and you're in Texas.

I cancelled my DJI order and I bought through DME. I ordered it on a Monday and it delivered that Friday (and that was going from one side of the U.S to the other - FL). I got tired of waiting on DJI's slow *** shipping practices. There's no reason why it should take them so **** long to ship something so simple.

It actually makes me consider how I may be able to fly her without a phone or ipad device. How to record, RTH, Snapshots, and other functions so easy become a bit elusive with only a display and the remote control. I think it is totally doable though.
?

The controller has a 'Record', 'RTH', 'Snapshot' and other programmable buttons, you don't need the iPhone or Android device to perform any of these functions. You need the device for configuring the RC and P3. If your trying to change the camera settings in the field (exposure, ISO,etc) , you'll need the device

I'm afraid my drone will suffer some sort of catastrophic issue before I get a chance to use it to its full potential, while waiting for a quality headset/goggle.

real glass 1/2 empty kind of guy huh? LOL - stop being afraid... have fun and fly - it's a hobby

?

The controller has a 'Record', 'RTH', 'Snapshot' and other programmable buttons, you don't need the iPhone or Android device to perform any of these functions. You need the device for configuring the RC and P3. If your trying to change the camera settings in the field (exposure, ISO,etc) , you'll need the device

So I typically set the return to home in the app. If I don't do that don't I risk it trying to return to home to the last place I set the RTH? Are you picking up what I am putting down n6vmo?

I gotta say, I'm really surprised at how many of you "worry" about how you look in goggles. I couldn't care less about how I look in them! I'm getting them to have a great experience flying FPV with my P3P! But I guess you also worry about your shoes and lipstick before going out, too. :p

So I typically set the return to home in the app. If I don't do that don't I risk it trying to return to home to the last place I set the RTH? Are you picking up what I am putting down n6vmo?

The P3 will set the home point once it gathers enough GPS satellites. All you do in the app is either verify it or perform a re-do.

The P3 will set the home point once it gathers enough GPS satellites. All you do in the app is either verify it or perform a re-do.

IC now.

So are you using Litchi now? do you know if it is supports Google Cardboard?

I agree with you snerd, wouldn't you think it is all about getting the most from the P3?

Goggles do you no good for most uses. Imagine the complexity of trying to manipulate the app with goggles on.. I see threads already titled...

Lost control of my P3 when I set down the controller to...
P3 fly away because I didnt know I had a IMU failure..

Granted goggles are great for some uses, but a larger LCD display is far more useful IMO
Those who fly the 250 racing types..mainly need/ use goggles and use the controls without issue. I do agree that flying a slower machine visually seems better than FPV.

use the phone on your radio holder, then attach a 7 in display with one of those 10.00 carbon fiber display holders that attach to,the metal bar on the backside of the radio. The you have both

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic