P3 HDMI board...good purchase or bad idea right now?...

Reaction score
I am wondering if it was a waste of money, because of the lack of FPV HDMI goggle selection and quality in the marketplace. The P4 will be out before we're seeing FPV goggles worth spending $300 - $800

I am wondering if it was a waste of money, because of the lack of FPV HDMI goggle selection and quality in the marketplace. The P4 will be out before we're seeing FPV goggles worth spending $300 - $800
I will buy a cheap 10 inch portable LCD TV with integrated batterie. It has a HDMI port and its around 100 Euro. This gives peace of mind when the App would crash for example. Fatshark Dominator V3 amnd HD V2s will be available soon for example or headplay

Reactions: III% Streve
Goggles do you no good for most uses. Imagine the complexity of trying to manipulate the app with goggles on.. I see threads already titled...

Lost control of my P3 when I set down the controller to...
P3 fly away because I didnt know I had a IMU failure..

Granted goggles are great for some uses, but a larger LCD display is far more useful IMO

Haven't you seen the YouTube reviews of the Headplay HDs for $250? Everyone is saying they are incredible, predicting Fatshark will lose a lot of business with Headplays new quality standard for FOV, clarity and price. Yes, they are huge in size, but apparently the Styrofoam material makes them light. You'll just look like an alien from space wearing them, lol. Mine are on order, and I recently received my HDMI conversion kit.

I should state that I made this ill informed purchase a couple of weeks back, with the anticipation of a flooded FPV goggle market.
Most of these have very poor FOV, around 30degs horizontal or are large and bulky.

My reason to use goggles in bright sunlight as my tablet washes out.

Haven't you seen the YouTube reviews of the Headplay HDs for $250? Everyone is saying they are incredible, predicting Fatshark will lose a lot of business with Headplays new quality standard for FOV, clarity and price. Yes, they are huge in size, but apparently the Styrofoam material makes them light. You'll just look like an alien from space wearing them, lol. Mine are on order, and I recently received my HDMI conversion kit.

Yes, if you want to look like a rhinoceros in the park.

I love my HeadPlays. These "goggles" are essential for FPV flying without glare.

The last thing I need if I'm more than 1 mile out is to not be able to see where I'm going...

In a few months the new FatShark Dominator V3 goggles will be released that are designed to work with both the P3 and the I1. These will sell for about $350. I also suspect that there will be at least one HeadPlay clone available for less that the current HP price of $250.00.

Just stay tuned.

:harry

I'm afraid my drone will suffer some sort of catastrophic issue before I get a chance to use it to its full potential, while waiting for a quality headset/goggle.

If you're self conscious you could try flying at night so people won't see you. Or fly in the desert where nobody will see you. The big FOV is why they're big, it's like an IMAX movie in comparison to everything else. You should try it before you knock it, you may change your opinion.

I just ordered it because im trigger happy online... but don't really know how i will use it. I sometimes fly it from my 2nd story office in which i have easy access to a 30 inch HDMI lcd...so im thinking that will be nice ... but How will i use it in the field? i use a ipad air 2 right now... If i buy a hdmi to apple cable will quality improve ? or is the resolution on the ipad not high enough to give the 720 hdmi its full capability ?

The headPlad has a 72º FOV, that is HUGE, way better than anything else on the market. I installed the HDMI adapter just so I can connect a larger screen, or a hand held 7" battery operated one. The 7" screen size is perfect for an observer to watch without getting in your way, and will maintain the FOV view even if you have an app crash. I got the larger battery for mine and it lasts over 3 hours on a charge.

Nope... I'm in a holding pattern, waiting to see how things shake out...

Headplays are sold out everywhere anyway.

What I really want is Vufine, but that is releasing in November - at the earliest. Headplays are just too bulky to travel with. And they look like a PIA if you want to run in conjunction with a tablet. I want something I can quickly flip down and take off.

That said, it's amazing that some RC people actually think they look cool wearing any goggles. Let me clear it up for you: Fatshark or Headplays, you still look like an RC dork.

Admit it.

Embrace it.

:D

Reactions: SENC

lol - I've been wanting some FPV goggles for a while now. I got a chance to try on some HeadPlay goggles a while back ago. Let's just say they looked great from within my own eyes while I was wearing them. But to anyone that was or even would be looking at me while wearing those things? Ummmm, let's just say "no thanks". I will hold off until something as good but a lot more smaller comes around.

lol - I've been wanting some FPV goggles for a while now. I got a chance to try on some HeadPlay goggles a while back ago. Let's just say they looked great from within my own eyes while I was wearing them. But to anyone that was or even would be looking at me while wearing those things? Ummmm, let's just say "no thanks". I will hold off until something as good but a lot more smaller comes around.
HMMMMMM-- sounds like my wife-- she doesn't go out unless her hair is "just right" (JK):D:D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is 8 minutes of exactly what you get through the HDMI port. Captured that,now you have to figure out how to display it where and how you want it.

Reactions: bobmyers
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is 8 minutes of exactly what you get through the HDMI port. Captured that,now you have to figure out how to display it where and how you want it.
Thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks for sharing!:)

It actually makes me consider how I may be able to fly her without a phone or ipad device. How to record, RTH, Snapshots, and other functions so easy become a bit elusive with only a display and the remote control. I think it is totally doable though.

It actually makes me consider how I may be able to fly her without a phone or ipad device. How to record, RTH, Snapshots, and other functions so easy become a bit elusive with only a display and the remote control. I think it is totally doable though.
I have a HD TV ground station on a tripod, that I will use at times as well as goggles. Anxious to start testing when I get all the pieces. Still waiting on the HDMI board to ship-- getting as bad as waiting for the extra batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31