P3 Has the shakes

Reaction score
Ok having owned all of the Phantom series. I now have the p3 but have a issue with a lot shake especially in a hover. I have tried 3 different sets of props, 2 sets balanced yes the foam is out of gimbal.
As seen in the video clips its almost rhythmic coming every 3 seconds or so. I have noticed it on almost all of my videos especially if there is any wind.
The last 2 clips are from my pv2 it doesn't do this in wind like the P3. Its smooth as silk even in 10-20mph winds flying 20mph into it.
Im thinking this may be the P3 gain settings being so aggressive but not sure what ones I should mess with.
I did drop the braking gain down to 75% but didn't seem to help
Any ideas on settings or other reason Im getting this vibration?
Hate to be 4-8 weeks bird less mid summer waiting for a DJI warranty repair I love the new birds camera and Lightbridge( well at least if its not really hot out) so looking for help

Last edited:
Mine isn't very stable in the wind either but I don't get that kind of shake - yours looks almost as though the gimble is loose when you're looking straight ahead at the slides. Mine looks more like the shake you get when you were looking straight down at the start of the video.
I'm assuming you've done an IMU and gimble calibration?

Reactions: skyhighdiver
The only item that comes to mind is from that other guy's post about his phantom falling out of the air after what appears to be a prop or motor failed. He was testing for jello and he mentioned a "pulsating" type of jello that occurred before his crash. I unfortunately have no idea how you can test your motors but you might look for that post.

Mine isn't very stable in the wind either but I don't get that kind of shake - yours looks almost as though the gimble is loose when you're looking straight ahead at the slides. Mine looks more like the shake you get when you were looking straight down at the start of the video.
I'm assuming you've done an IMU and gimble calibration?
Yes I did Adv IMU and Gimbal on level wood surface made no change grrr

have you ever crashed? It looks like you have some kind of harmonic resonance thing going on. I wonder if one of your motors has a slightly bent shaft? It's definitely not a wind thing... too regular for that... it's mechanical.... try taking off your props and looking at the motors turn without them .... see if you catch a wobble....

How does she look on the bench with no props?
Look to see if any motors look off.
By hand fly it around no props eliminate bird & props.

Yeah like buckaye said...beat me to it...but do fly about by hand then look at vid.

have you ever crashed? It looks like you have some kind of harmonic resonance thing going on. I wonder if one of your motors has a slightly bent shaft? It's definitely not a wind thing... too regular for that... it's mechanical.... try taking off your props and looking at the motors turn without them .... see if you catch a wobble....

No crashes has done it since day one as my past post of what I thought was jello shows
but with more info know its not jello but vibration of some kind I will try the walk around and film no props motors running but I know when just sitting still it doesnt do it only during flight so well try what is asked and will post back.
DJI has given me a RMA but that meens 6-8 weeks no bird or buy a new one and try to sell when it comes back GRR
Wish I would have bought from Amazon and not DJI as I could just exchange it outright live and learn

turn down braking sensitivity

No crashes has done it since day one as my past post of what I thought was jello shows
but with more info know its not jello but vibration of some kind I will try the walk around and film no props motors running but I know when just sitting still it doesnt do it only during flight so well try what is asked and will post back.
DJI has given me a RMA but that meens 6-8 weeks no bird or buy a new one and try to sell when it comes back GRR
Wish I would have bought from Amazon and not DJI as I could just exchange it outright live and learn

I sent mine back to DJI and got a refund and then bought from a dealer after my experience. Took DJI over two weeks to refund my money AFTER they had the bird back and about 50 emails to them and a few phone calls. They suck at support - full stop.

I sent mine back to DJI and got a refund and then bought from a dealer after my experience. Took DJI over two weeks to refund my money AFTER they had the bird back and about 50 emails to them and a few phone calls. They suck at support - full stop.
would love a refund and rebuy but dji wont offer a refund as its been been more than 7 days :( said send it in well that's 6weeks at least
will miss all the good fireworks shots:(
So I guess my only option buy direct from amazon and sell other one for a loss when it comes back
only thing 30 days is amazon fulfill only and they don't have any right now so its lose lose

turn down braking sensitivity
I tried that down to 75 made no difference
It is at is worst in a dead hover
I just did as asked and took of props ran motors and filmed while moving it around nothing in video to see but im sure holding it deadens most of the vibration to gimbal
I can feel more vibration when tilting forward or to the left than I can the other 2 ways so maybe its a bad motor definitely a pulse going through the system

I tried that down to 75 made no difference
It is at is worst in a dead hover
I just did as asked and took of props ran motors and filmed while moving it around nothing in video to see but im sure holding it deadens most of the vibration to gimbal
I can feel more vibration when tilting forward or to the left than I can the other 2 ways so maybe its a bad motor definitely a pulse going through the system

Yeah if nothing helps then more than likely a bad motor or gimbal.

sucks now I have to spend another 1300 as they wont do a refund if found bad just fix
So not practical to wait another 6-8 weeks for fix guess Ill have a p3 pro for sale when I get old one back
It is a mystery why DJI wont let the authorized Dealers handle these warranty claims-- it makes absolutely no sense. It surely is more expensive to ship and everyone knows that they do not have enough people to handle world wide warranty claims. Can you imagine sending your new car back to the factory for warranty repairs. :confused:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj