P3 Gimbal Inertia Guard

Reaction score
I hope that DJI has redesigned so that the camera doesn't pop-off and tear the flex cable. Just for added insurance, I added the inertia to prevent it from ever happening. It's the same principle as the Vision Plus inertia guard.

Attachments

• Gimbal Inertia Guard 1.jpg
    Gimbal Inertia Guard 1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 625
  • gimbal inertia guard 2.jpg
    gimbal inertia guard 2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,096
They have. The redesign happened withe the release of the P2V+ V3. The rear motor no longer has the motor shaft pressed into aluminum, it is now pressed into steel. We've tried to pry them apart and needed a hydraulic press to do it without completely destroying the gimbal.

Attachments

• redesigned gimbal.JPG
    redesigned gimbal.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 743
With the guard being clear plastic, it is easy to forget that it is installed. Put a piece of string or marker tape as a reminder.
i-pTqcV8f-X2.jpg
You are referring to the gimbal clamp that keeps the gimbal from moving around when quad is not in use. OP is referring to a guard which allegedly prevented motor separation in a crash. Like the orange tape though.

You are referring to the gimbal clamp that keeps the gimbal from moving around when quad is not in use. OP is referring to a guard which allegedly prevented motor separation in a crash. Like the orange tape though.
Sorry, your right -- post removed!

They have. The redesign happened withe the release of the P2V+ V3. The rear motor no longer has the motor shaft pressed into aluminum, it is now pressed into steel. We've tried to pry them apart and needed a hydraulic press to do it without completely destroying the gimbal.

Thanks mate. I never owned the revised v3.
I still don't trust DJI and i'll the gimbal saver on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj