P3 for selfie drone/family photos/videos??

Reaction score
I've long owned both a P1 and a FC40, love them both for different reasons. Recently considered picking up a Lily drone for its auto pilot and selfie features and apparent simplicity.

My question is will the P3 do some or all of the Lily automatic photo/video taking with the help of the current auto pilot softwares?? I see a P3 being much more useful in the long run with an actual twin stick remote. But I'm also looking to us it to supplement family photos and event photos with out having to be that guy staring at the screen/remote while everyone else is saying "cheese!!"

In a perfect universe I'd love to be able to use one of the auto pilot apps to have the P3 loiter around a focal point and change camera angle/vantage point until instructed to do otherwise. Is that function currently possible??

Thanks in advance.

Is Lily available ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Phantom 3 has the ability to do both Point of Interest and Follow Me.

You will still have to control the camera if you want it to change from what is initially set. But you can use the self-timer function if you want time to set the controller down (not advisable) or put it behind your back.

Note that the Lily is not available yet. Delayed until summer (at least).

I have been following Lily. To me it's a great idea, but it's also incomplete. I suppose that's usually the case for a V.1 product. The buy in price has gone up from when they first started, and I'm not sure it's really worth the asking price anymore.

Either way I plan to pick up a P3P with upcoming tax money, just wondering if I'd still need a Lily or comparable.

There will be cheaper Lily's from other brands hopefully by end of 2016, but until then we have the Phantom

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj