P3 Flys over twice as fast in reverse as forward.

Reaction score
My P3 has been flying almost 40mph in reverse, but no more than 16-18mph forward. I at first thought it was due to the direction of the wind, but flew it again today with no breeze whatsoever and still Flys much faster in reverse...any ideas how to fix?...Thanks

How high? The wind aloft can be deceiving. Do your same test but try rotating the bird 180 and flying away backwards. What you are saying sounds normal for slight wind at elevation

Reactions: Cragg Motors
How high? The wind aloft can be deceiving. Do your same test but try rotating the bird 180 and flying away backwards. What you are saying sounds normal for slight wind at elevation
I have noticed this speed difference at different altitudes but always above 100ft...your idea of rotating the Phantom is a good idea...have never done a stick calibration ...haven't seen any issues as to why it was needed...do this k this may help?...not sure how to do it...but I'm sure there are some YouTube tutorials on how

If your numbers are correct and there was no wind factor it's very unusual.
Easy enough to check though.
Just do a few runs in the same direction but facing different ways.

Thanks...will try that. If it wasnt a wind factor...Do you know of a fix?

Lol...feel like a must have been riding on the short bus not to think of that..lol...thanks

My P3 has been flying almost 40mph in reverse, but no more than 16-18mph forward. I at first thought it was due to the direction of the wind, but flew it again today with no breeze whatsoever and still Flys much faster in reverse...any ideas how to fix?...Thanks
Don't you think it would just be easier to just try a simple experiment rather than posting this to the forum? Spin the thing 180 and try flying it... If it goes at the same speed then its obviously the wind. If it's slower you have a problem...

I think it is possible. I say that because I have been doing some testing with adjusting pitch. And in doing this I stand at the side and observe while flying forward say 15 yards and then in reverse the same 15 yards and focus on what the pitch appears like at it's furthest point.

Don't you think it would just be easier to just try a simple experiment rather than posting this to the forum? Spin the thing 180 and try flying it... If it goes at the same speed then its obviously the wind. If it's slower you have a problem...
Thanks Ari...All things considered, it wasn't the smartest question...I'll try not to point it out if you also ask a silly question.

Reactions: ATPhoto

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic