Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 fly away but why??

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Tim Despo, Sep 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Tim Despo

So last month I took off in a location and my p3 went from gps to atti to opti mode and flew away. I hit the return home bottom, it came close to my location and then took off in a fly away again!. I then hit the return home button again and it returned and I was able to grab the p3 and calm down a bit. I am not sure the reason this happened. My only guess is that I was in a parking lot near a street. I know this isn't the best of ideas but this was a really weird occurrence. I have attached the flight for some help. I am almost positive I was in P mode but not 100% sure. Please help.. Thanks fellow dronies

Attached Files:

2. HD pilot

Did you calibrate your compass before takeoff?

3. Tim Despo

yes calibrated, set home point, and had gps

4. Milehigh970

Gk to healthydrones.com and load that log. It will then be of use to everyone

5. bobmyers

That sounds like signal interference that may have caused that -- shouldn't happen-- on 2.4ghz -- but I am sure it does on occasion. Was the flyaway in the same direction both times?

6. Tim Despo

Bob, Yes. Both times same direction.

7. bobmyers

That is an indication that there is interference at your flying location that may be coming from the same spot-- and it could be continuos- or it could be intermittent or only happen one time. I would try different locations away from that particular area-- at least several miles distance and see it the issue continues. IOW-- is it the Phantom or outside interference?

8. Tim Despo

I have uploaded to healthydrones.

In addition, I have used my p3 multiple times after this occasion at different locations. Everything was fine. I just was looking to get to the bottom of why it occurred so my mistake doesn't become an error and things go bad again

9. bobmyers

Sounds like that area.