P3 Flight-Wondering(android)

Reaction score
*In the title I specified (android) because in test with ios, this issue does not exist.

For those of you that fly your aircraft using a Android device; while flying have you noticed when you make a change in direction say 10 degrees for example,....the nose of the aircraft turns as it should, but the aircraft continues in the existing direction somewhat before catching up with the new direction so to speak?

If are familiar with this have you tried changing gain settings to possibly work some of it out?

Very interesting post. I started out with an Air 2, then a Nexus 7 and now a Shield. The Air 2 is a distant memory, but we've still got it so I might do a back to back (if the weather improves) to check out your theory. Must admit to not noticing any difference when I initially changed from iOS to android though.....

Last edited:
I have the K1 Shield and a Mini 2. There is a noticeable difference in flight behavior.

Interesting....I would think the device would have no effect on how the Phantom flies...maybe you did a firmware version update or changed the amount of active braking...

Interesting....I would think the device would have no effect on how the Phantom flies...maybe you did a firmware version update or changed the amount of active braking...

No this has been noticeable the last 2 published updates as well as the next one to come. A small amount was cleaned up withe drifting issues that was addressed on the 1.04.0030 update.

Something else worth mentioning would be when you are yawing the aircraft around to fly to a different location. You will notice that when you lift off the stick as the guessed stopping point nears, the aircraft tends to just continue yawing right on past your planned stopping point.

No this has been noticeable the last 2 published updates as well as the next one to come. A small amount was cleaned up withe drifting issues that was addressed on the 1.04.0030 update.

Something else worth mentioning would be when you are yawing the aircraft around to fly to a different location. You will notice that when you lift off the stick as the guessed stopping point nears, the aircraft tends to just continue yawing right on past your planned stopping point.

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not. Are you saying the DJI app changed the way the Phantom flies or the firmware?

Since you can fly the Phantom with no device connected I would expect it to fly the same if you tried these three things:

1. Fly phantom with no device connected
2. Fly phantom with iOS connected
3. Fly phantom with android connected

That is assuming you have the same firmware for all and set the active braking, expo, and gains all to the same values....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20