P3 firmware vs P4

I've never gotten a message telling me to reduce power. I wonder if that's in a newer firmware version?

Imo, this proves my previous point. This is what was added in the new firmware. You guys are playing with fire here. I speak from experience here too.

Lol so i'm living dangerously whether I upgrade my firmware or not, depending on who I ask... [emoji12][emoji91]

My typical M.O. For tech is to always upgrade but never be the first to upgrade. (Let any disasters be discovered by others.) Sounds like even latest P3 firmware has been out for quite some time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Imo, this proves my previous point. This is what was added in the new firmware. You guys are playing with fire here. I speak from experience here too.
That's just the way this thing seems to work. You'll have a problem with your upgraded firmware and then they'll upgrade it again. I don't have a problem and will keep using 1.4 until it falls out of the sky because DJI or the FAA don't want me to use it any longer.

Its a closely guarded secret that only he knows, or there is at least missing details! What have you tried again? Oh yeah, everything.
I don't know what to tell you. Someone also posted here all the firmware updates, saying they are all still available. The only one I down loaded was the 1.4 when I originally bought my first P3P. Could be they make the newer units so you can't go back, I've never checked it.

I have the file. The closely guarded secret is how to get from 1.6 BACK to 1.4!
I tried again last night for giggles and no luck. Dji noted that 1.6 can only go back to 1.5! Many of us would love to go back 1.4
Unlesssss, its possible if you jumped on 1.6 early enough and in your app it actually showed you on 1.5+ then I see it might be possible to go back down to 1.4 1.5+ only lasted about a day or two once it showed 1.6 on your app, this the first I heard heard of anybody successfully going back 2 spaces

Last edited:
But i digress, and it's Nice to hear that you made it backwards after not liking the 1.6.[emoji41]

Last edited:
But i digress, and it's Nice to hear that you made it backwards after not liking the 1.6.[emoji41]
Hmmmm, I was never in 1.5. l.6 was what I went to from 1.4, could be why I had some problems. Got back to 1.4 and stayed. Did you see my post #20 here? That's what I can do with 1.4 with no problems. And then again, I'm flying out over wide open desert, up slope from the Verde River, with nothing in the way.

I tried every method to get back to 1.4 with no luck. On a different note, in spite of all 1.5 fears, I flew a lot of flights, all at just a hair above freezing, on 1.5. I never experienced a single issue.

We would really like to see his log. How he went from 1.4 to 1.6, then got back to 1.4. Off course we have all firmware files.

Did 1.4 have a altitude limit of 500m? I am new and just curious when they put that limit into effect. I have seen videos of p2 at 11,000ft I think it was. I don't plan on going that high just curious. I would enjoy being able to follow mountain sides beyond 500m. In Alaska 500m is not even a mountain that's a hill!

Did 1.4 have a altitude limit of 500m? I am new and just curious when they put that limit into effect. I have seen videos of p2 at 11,000ft I think it was. I don't plan on going that high just curious. I would enjoy being able to follow mountain sides beyond 500m. In Alaska 500m is not even a mountain that's a hill!
1.4 has the 500m limit.

I've been waiting for 1.7 to come out of beta for a while now so I can take advantage of GEO, I was hoping it would drop with the new DJI app today but no such luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik