P3 Firmware P3 firmware upgrade to 1.4 concerns

Reaction score
Just purchased the P3 Advanced. Upgraded RC firmware via the DJI Go app. Followed instructions to download v1.4 to card. Inserted card into gimbal, green light flashed a few times, no sound. Haven't seen or heard sound for 20 minutes. I wondering if maybe the firmware is up to date. How can one determine what the current firmware is on the aircraft. With the P2 you easily find this info using the PT2 app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Just purchased the P3P and was advised by the app to update the firmware to v.1.4.00.10.
Downloaded the firmware and the instructions. Followed the instructions and the led on the gimbal was flashing red/green as per instructions. After about 20 min. the 4 lights on the P3P went out followed by an audible alarm beep-beep-beep etc.
Suspecting something went wrong I decided to turn off the P3P after 2 minutes. I took the battery out for 15 minutes to cool down the drone and reinserted it. I turned on the drone but nothing than only the alarming sounds. What to do now. It hasn't even been in the air yet.
I want to cry :)

This seems to be a common question. Being a new P3P owner myself, I recently just went through the process, and understand it can be a bit confusing. Here is what worked for me, maybe it will work for you guys.

1. Watch DJI's official video on updating the firmware. Watch it a few times. I referenced back to it multiple times during my install:
  2. Since my P3P was new out of the box and I didn't know how old the firmware was, I decided to upgrade to 1.3.20 first, then 1.4. I recommend that approach since it was solid for me.
  3. I started with the RC, and upgraded it without a problem. I put the firmware on an SD card and used a USB SD card adapter.
  4. After the RC upgrade I verified the .TXT file looked correct, and it did.
  5. For the flight controller, I had some troubles at first. The upgrade would never start. I tried several different methods, waited 30 minutes at a time, and had no luck.
  6. Then, I decided to format my microSD card using the DGI GO app. This was the trick. I took the newly formatted microSD card and copied the 1.3.20 firmware on it, and it worked that time.
  7. Once I had the 1.3.20 upgraded on both, I deleted that file off the microSD card and copied the 1.4 firmware on it, and did the upgrade of the flight controller. Again, it worked fine.
  8. I left the 1.4 firmware on the card so that each of my batteries would get upgraded.

So, for me, the trick was to start with 1.3.20, and to format the microSD card using the DJI GO app. Your mileage may vary, but hopefully this might help.

Remember, the RC doesn't upgrade past 1.3.20. Also, once the firmware upgrade process starts, just be patient. It took about 25 minutes for me.

Good luck.

Problem fixed. I read similar topics in other threads and followed the advice given there. Apparently it is normal to get the symptoms I got: all lights went down and the alarm sounds never stopped. I just turned it back on again and put the p3p in a closet as the noise was annoying. And after 10min or so it stopped and the led was solid green. All good so far. Update successful.

Just purchased the P3 Advanced. Upgraded RC firmware via the DJI Go app. Followed instructions to download v1.4 to card. Inserted card into gimbal, green light flashed a few times, no sound. Haven't seen or heard sound for 20 minutes. I wondering if maybe the firmware is up to date. How can one determine what the current firmware is on the aircraft. With the P2 you easily find this info using the PT2 app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm having a similar problem, but not the same as yours. If you go into your GO app/settings/about, you will find the current firmware version.
My issue is the DJI Download page advises that if you have firmware versions older than1.3.20 (mine is 1.1.9+), then upgrade the firmware to 1.3.20 BEFORE updating the aircraft. I've attempted this upgrade umpteen times w/no result. I've formatted the SD card on my computer, then put the .bin file on it as the only file, and will get beeping sounds and flashing gimbal light, but no update occurs. No Txt file(s) are created. I decided to format the SD card (2 of them) via the GO app, I get an almost immediate "Format complete", but the SD card will still show the DCIM folder, so there's a problem. I haven't flown it yet, but the GO seems to be functioning OK, it advises an update is essential. Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Just purchased the P3P and was advised by the app to update the firmware to v.1.4.00.10.
Downloaded the firmware and the instructions. Followed the instructions and the led on the gimbal was flashing red/green as per instructions. After about 20 min. the 4 lights on the P3P went out followed by an audible alarm beep-beep-beep etc.
Suspecting something went wrong I decided to turn off the P3P after 2 minutes. I took the battery out for 15 minutes to cool down the drone and reinserted it. I turned on the drone but nothing than only the alarming sounds. What to do now. It hasn't even been in the air yet.
I want to cry :)

While your phantom is upgrading you will hear 4 beebs and a green and red light flashing on the camera front. When it is done it will beep 3 times and light will be green..turn it off, take the sd card out and put it in the computer. Open the files on the card, 1 of the files will say success
Or failed..
What does it say?

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20