P3 firmware update

Reaction score
I am sure I am going to have an aneurism. I am trying to update my firmware for my craft, camera, and batteries. I downloaded the .bin file from dji's site and attempted to place it in my root directory of my micro sd card on Mac. I am not using the card that came with the p3. I erased the sd and reformatted. While trying to move the bin file to the root of the sad I get a clank. Apples way of telling me it's not going to work I guess...

In any event, I thought maybe the download did transfer to the card and so I inserted it in the camera gimbal. Might as well have just asked it to download. No go....any suggestions????

[email protected] if you REALLY want to help....

Delete all your downloads concerning phantom from your Mac and your card then start over I had same problem Mac changes something if you download more than once and p3 will not take

Try formatting sd as Exfat if you didnt already (rather than fat32). And drag the .bin file onto the root of the SD card (not the zip file). Shouldnt matter how.many times you download, osx will rename the .zip but doesnt change the files contained in it.

Delete all your downloads concerning phantom from your Mac and your card then start over I had same problem Mac changes something if you download more than once and p3 will not take
This is not true. There must be some other problem with your Mac which got resolved when you deleted all downloads.

This is not true. There must be some other problem with your Mac which got resolved when you deleted all downloads.
I have a P3A and a P3P. Does all-in-one firmware mean I can use the same v1.7 for both when I update or do I load the Advance version, perform update and then load the Pro version onto the memory disc and update the Pro.

Does all-in-one firmware mean I can use the same v1.7 for both when I update
No. You must install the P3P firmware on your P3P and the P3A firmware on your P3A.

So in the process of updating firmware in the pro, I ended the process before it was complete. When I discovered and re-loaded the disc, I know get four loud beeps. What happened? And what do I do now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.