Prior to update flew at the top of the Rest and be thankful In Scotland
Noticed some drifting and some flicker/ video disruption (it was a tad windy)
I have now flown in my back garden a few times with very little drifting ( I wouldn't say none around a1-1.5ft in stong swirls) and no flicker / video disruption since upgrade
This is an improvement, as the wind swirls in my garden, and there are lots of metal things sticking up (Fence, Lights2ft high on top of 5ft pillars etc).
It goes straight up and down in the same place, whereas before it would move up to 5 ft left or right. and sometimes 4ft forward or reverse ( I presumed the swirling wind was the problem)
hope this helps

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Update on my situation now have esc error and drone has to go back to Dji. The thing is only 3 weeks old And had no issues with previous firmware once i updated it went down hill fast. Unrelated maybe.....

Prior to update flew at the top of the Rest and be thankful In Scotland

Memories.......wow I can't remember the last time I heard mention of that spot in Bonnie Scotland. I was born in Dundee, Scotland and emigrated to Canada with my parents way back when. Never been there......... "Rest and be Thankful"..... but heard my late Mum fondly mention it a few times.

Your response to my question was a huge help - thank you for that and many thanks for the memories...........what a truly beautiful country!

There is also a problem in the DJI Go app on some IOS devices on the map screen. On the iPad Air 2, for example, the pinch to expand and contract and the touch and drag do not work about 60% of the time. It is especially bad in areas with slow internet speed. It seems to be related to caching but not confirmed. DJI support person on their forum has confirmed this to be a problem on several specific IOS devices but not yet fixed.

I noticed the same.

The solution to the map problem is to always start pinching in the right side of the screen, above where normally small map square would be.

Start there, and you can move your fingers towards the centre no problem.

Let me know if it works for u too

Newest firmware update (android app update actually but all were done at once) caused loss if video transmission on my p3p. Black screen. I can't use dji go anymore on my tablet but that version works fine on my other devices. Spent 15m on the line with support and it seems like they futzed with chipset compatibility that they previously had working fine before the update :(

Vertical studio still works fine on same tab. If I want to use dji go I need to use phone now. No solution I can find. Sent dji logs. Uninstalled/reinstalled..not much else to do.

Stupid update.

Reactions: clivek_77
Memories.......wow I can't remember the last time I heard mention of that spot in Bonnie Scotland. I was born in Dundee, Scotland and emigrated to Canada with my parents way back when. Never been there......... "Rest and be Thankful"..... but heard my late Mum fondly mention it a few times.

Your response to my question was a huge help - thank you for that and many thanks for the memories...........what a truly beautiful country!

There's always the one guy who is scared of being abducted / government spying on him / and DJI ending p3 battery production (even though they still support their p1 and p2 lines lol !!! Ha ha ha ha ha

Yep, reminds me of all the folks that said Obama was going to take away all your bullets and guns. Ha , Never happened.

Newest firmware update (android app update actually but all were done at once) caused loss if video transmission on my p3p. Black screen. I can't use dji go anymore on my tablet but that version works fine on my other devices. Spent 15m on the line with support and it seems like they futzed with chipset compatibility that they previously had working fine before the update :(

Vertical studio still works fine on same tab. If I want to use dji go I need to use phone now. No solution I can find. Sent dji logs. Uninstalled/reinstalled..not much else to do.

Stupid update.

Same here with my P3A THINKS IT'S A P3P!

It eventually settles and starts re initializing and recognizer as P3A but no good unless you are on the ground waiting. Main problem seems to be android app without its input it's all fine til you do something wild like record video or take a picture. ...

Flew the updated Phantom 3 today (v1.7)

Used 2 Batteries
Changed to all 3 modes, still without any problems
Used the circle with point facility, increased diameter and speed
Saved video during flight, started video during flight

Flew fast , slow, high , low
Straight lines up and down
varied lines
No problems at all.
Charging batteries now at home

I have a quick question. I am having trouble installing this latest firmware upgrade to the craft. Never had a problem before. I am trying to put P3X_FW_V01.07.0060-2 3.55.59 PM.bin onto the root gallery of my formatted card. When I place it in the craft and turn just the craft on, I quickly get the 'all done' beeps with a solid green light on the gimbal. After that, I have left it in the craft for up to 20 minutes with no further sounds. Just the front arms on red, with the back blinking yellow. When I take the card out to check it, I get exactly what was put in it. No text file where I can see if it was a success or failure. I have tried it several times. Even with the unzipped P3X_FW_V01.07.0060-2 3.55.59 PM.bin.cpgz

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

I did the the most recent firmware update a while back already. Since I did a number of flights and I noticed the following:-

1. In one case I lost connection at 200 meters away from me. I tried again and again and both at going higher than 150 meter or further away than 200 meters I intermittently lost video (FPV) connection. I did not loose RC control to the P3. Important is I were in a area I never flown before. Back to my known flying terrain I had not issues.....
2. This weekend in a strong wind test flight the P3 moved down the stronger wind. I were happy with that as it saved my drone as I managed to better regain control low down. This however force the pilot to be very experienced........you do not have time to think what is left or right, up or down....
I always take the time to ensure my P3 records the home point plus I always calibrate my compass before going up........this is probably one of the most important things any P3 pilot can do before going up.....
Finally I did not notice any negative impact on video or image recordings. To be really sure I need more recorded footage to really see if the video or image quality changed......

I did the the most recent firmware update a while back already. Since I did a number of flights and I noticed the following:-

1. In one case I lost connection at 200 meters away from me. I tried again and again and both at going higher than 150 meter or further away than 200 meters I intermittently lost video (FPV) connection. I did not loose RC control to the P3. Important is I were in a area I never flown before. Back to my known flying terrain I had not issues.....
2. This weekend in a strong wind test flight the P3 moved down the stronger wind. I were happy with that as it saved my drone as I managed to better regain control low down. This however force the pilot to be very experienced........you do not have time to think what is left or right, up or down....
I always take the time to ensure my P3 records the home point plus I always calibrate my compass before going up........this is probably one of the most important things any P3 pilot can do before going up.....
Finally I did not notice any negative impact on video or image recordings. To be really sure I need more recorded footage to really see if the video or image quality changed......
Are you using Android or apple tablet?

Thanks, I use android and get signal loss video loss and near total failure! It seems of those affected apple has little or no problems!

I have a quick question. I am having trouble installing this latest firmware upgrade to the craft. Never had a problem before. I am trying to put P3X_FW_V01.07.0060-2 3.55.59 PM.bin onto the root gallery of my formatted card. When I place it in the craft and turn just the craft on, I quickly get the 'all done' beeps with a solid green light on the gimbal. After that, I have left it in the craft for up to 20 minutes with no further sounds. Just the front arms on red, with the back blinking yellow. When I take the card out to check it, I get exactly what was put in it. No text file where I can see if it was a success or failure. I have tried it several times. Even with the unzipped P3X_FW_V01.07.0060-2 3.55.59 PM.bin.cpgz

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Format the card in windows several times. Place the .bin file DIRECTLY in the root folder of the sd.

Place sd card in powered down gimbal of aircraft
Connect on side if gimbal micro usb to windows pc and power up craft. It should raise camera then green flash gimbal and single beep d-d-d

Remove the pc connection FULLY BOTH ENDS should lift camera and beep then flash red and green it may beep or sometimes not, leave for 25mins at least. When solid green light power down remove sd card check and reformat.

If app will not allow reformatting I formatted to exfat and will prompt reformat.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. So you want me to insert the SD card into the craft...and hook the gimbal up to the laptop? Also, how should I reformat if I have a macbook pro?

can you downgrade the firmware? a friend of mine are having troubles whit the last firmware he use android and connect the phone whit the phantom its very hard, lots of attempts and wen its connected it says poor conection wen the controller its at his side... and the lag in the video its terrible.. we try in 2 devices moto x and note 4 and the same whit both of them .... wen we try in an ipad mini 2 every thing was perfect.... and all of this starts whit the new firmware...
Try another cable if you can , as I have found that some cables only charge the phone or pad and do not transfer data
I purchased two short cables on ebay
( both identical and purchased from the same person at the same time)
1 allows data transfer, 1 does not,
but both allow charging. (very strange ).
I went to the Local poundland shop and purchased 2x 1mtr cables
both charged my device and transferred data and connected to the drone (flew ok with no problems)
All the cables I have purchased that would " not" allow data transfer (and one did it intermittently)
did not connect to the drone .

Try another cable if you can , as I have found that some cables only charge the phone or pad and do not transfer data
I purchased two short cables on ebay
( both identical and purchased from the same person at the same time)
1 allows data transfer, 1 does not,
but both allow charging. (very strange ).
I went to the Local poundland shop and purchased 2x 1mtr cables
both charged my device and transferred data and connected to the drone (flew ok with no problems)
All the cables I have purchased that would " not" allow data transfer (and one did it intermittently)
did not connect to the drone .
thanks... sorry wrong topic.... I thought i was in the standard... the problem its whit a standard

I tried to update my firmware on my P3Pro yet again today. Made sure I dropped the .bin file on the formatted card that came with the craft this time. Inserted into the craft. Turned it on, quickly go the Beeeep, beep, beep and green light on the gimbal. Then no sounds. When I removed the card and checked it, it showed no text file again. What am I doing wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers