DJI programmers are on drugs. If using Android and you've completed the latest firmware update, have a look at your White Balance settings. The icons don't match the text for Sunny & Cloudy.

Attachments

• 1458433952678.jpg
    1458433952678.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 637
Christ this forum is really one of the worst I have seen.

Whoa there Tex. I feel your frustrations about the forum. Plenty of opinions without logically thinking on this forum.... but then that is what a forum is all about. Everyone gets a say no matter how uninformed it may appear. Honestly, it makes for a fun forum in my opinion. For me I just ignore anything that seems a bit ridiculous. ;)

Upgraded to the new version last night (took ages) now shows App 2.7.1 , Aircraft 1.7.60 , RC 1.5.80.
Flew today 4 Flights
1st hovered around under 20ft for 2 mins no problems even in a stiff wind
2nd flew it around sub 100 ft for a further 5 mins no problems, landed and took off several times in stiff wind.
3rd flew to 400ft straight up hovered for 2 mins, did a slow 360 then changed from vid to picture then x 3 pictures , then video again for 3 mins, then down to 300ft.
Hovered for 30 sec. , then moved around for 4 mins, then slowly brought it down to 10ft and hovered - all in 12-17 mph wind
very little signs of displacement ie rock steady pics and vids. bird hardly moved in wind. largest movement about 1ft due to gusting wind
4th flew fast in several directions for 3 mins Landed

No problems to report videos and picture excellent
No lost or broken signals
No warnings
Nothing out of the ordinary noted
Updated and Good to GO (excuse the pun)

Upgraded to the new version last night (took ages) now shows App 2.7.1 , Aircraft 1.7.60 , RC 1.5.80.
Flew today 4 Flights
1st hovered around under 20ft for 2 mins no problems even in a stiff wind
2nd flew it around sub 100 ft for a further 5 mins no problems, landed and took off several times in stiff wind.
3rd flew to 400ft straight up hovered for 2 mins, did a slow 360 then changed from vid to picture then x 3 pictures , then video again for 3 mins, then down to 300ft.
Hovered for 30 sec. , then moved around for 4 mins, then slowly brought it down to 10ft and hovered - all in 12-17 mph wind
very little signs of displacement ie rock steady pics and vids. bird hardly moved in wind. largest movement about 1ft due to gusting wind
4th flew fast in several directions for 3 mins Landed

No problems to report videos and picture excellent
No lost or broken signals
No warnings
Nothing out of the ordinary noted

Thanks very much for the info...I'll be updating ours tomorrow. No doubt between now and then, there'll be someone stating the new updates are horrific and their video was unstable, pics were in B&W and upside down and the aircraft did nothing but fly in hexagon figure of eight patterns.... <sigh>

I have gone back to 1.6...1.7 very very unstable on my advanced,light wind and it was bobing about all over the place also dropping altitude while in hover. back on 1.6 and its rock steady again..

On the other hand, I updated everything (firmware, RC, DJI Go) and flew 4 batteries yesterday on my P3A and everything was great (had an issue where it made me update the RC firmware multiple times, but no flight issues). Since I saw the update addressed compass issues, I did recalibrate the compass before flying--did you do that? Like @amaxlegend I did a few hovers at various altitudes and in both light and a bit more moderate wind it hovered very nicely. Not trying to dismiss your problems in any way, but just wanted to provide another example of no problems.

I have gone back to 1.6...1.7 very very unstable on my advanced,light wind and it was bobing about all over the place also dropping altitude while in hover. back on 1.6 and its rock steady again..

After upgrading today and previously not having any issues. During my first flight i got a compass error and later on the drone had severe drift on gps mode in had to take her to atti mode to recover and land. Any ideas?

Updated my p3p to new fw no problems what so ever.im a newbie to to the drone world .we went to ft desoto park yesterday high winds and and Dexter the Drone preformed flawlessly great video great pictures no problems at all uses two batteries. No drift he stayed right where i wanted him to

There is also a problem in the DJI Go app on some IOS devices on the map screen. On the iPad Air 2, for example, the pinch to expand and contract and the touch and drag do not work about 60% of the time. It is especially bad in areas with slow internet speed. It seems to be related to caching but not confirmed. DJI support person on their forum has confirmed this to be a problem on several specific IOS devices but not yet fixed.

I used my galaxy tab 4 tablet tap the screen three times to zoom in and pinch to zoom in and out .Had a great flying time

Upgraded, IMU and compass calibration with no problems experienced so seems OK.

Hadn't flown for a month or so due to bad weather and wow they have upgraded the DJI GO app a bit recently.

Firmware update 1.7. Dark Side of dji updates ect ect

THE GOOD
Improved compass accuracy.
2. Fixed issue of image being corrupted in rare occasion.
Notes:
The firmware can be downgraded to v1.6.0040.

QUESTION I ASK TO MYSELF?
I had never got compass accuracy error nor image being corrupted so why dji loosing time for a firmware upgrade for that, when there are many more thing that could have been upgrade like, video fps, better video coodec, more automated fights mode and much more p3 users will know that???

What I also observed was dji never says to customers what there are exactly in their firmware updates. Example when the introduced the geofense and altitude limit they did not mentioned about it when they put the firmware with lot of limitation online. They just announce an update and if you are “not satisfied” you can downgrade to a version before?

Big question is, when downgrading, is it really fully downgrading the whole thing or its just playing with version number so that you think that you have downgraded and all new limitation and stuff that come with the firmware get stick to the drone????

That's only my point of view, i nave no proof of what am saying for this one. Its just my heart speaking.

THE BAD
Only thing observed really in last firmware update is all p3 non OEM batteries are blocked. For me that update is to block all p3 users who are using cheap non original p3 batteries. So if you are using non genuine battery beware you will not be able to take off.

CONCLUSION
That’s my personal point of view. Am just what I observed.

Thanks to comment your point of view !!!

Because i feel bad to update a firmware without knowing exactly what in it.

I've been problem with v1.6.0040 (no image) and the new version could correct it.

If you've ever built a computer, the motherboard firmware almost always says, "Do not update unless you are addressing a specific problem". So unless I am having a particular issue or a feature is being added on my P3 I won't update the firmware.

Thanks for that feedback on the latest firmware - exactly what I was looking for as to info on this.

Out of curiosity - did you have any issues with the previous firmware (prior to this latest one). I'm asking since just the last couple of flights I have taken..........I notice during hover at any height I am seeing some drifting left to right, and it seems like I have to over-correct to bring it back to where it was during hover.

Wondering if you noticed any difference with hovering for example from the previous to the latest upgrade.

Thanks again for the informative feedback!

EDIT: My hovering was during a very calm environment - not even a slight gust of wind present! I haven't done the latest firmware upgrade but am thinking of it now since reading your post.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl