Aftermarket and OEM batteries are almost the same price. So whats the big deal?
I understand if aftermarket batteries were $20 than i could see the complaints against DJI why we cant use them, but they are within $30-$40 difference from OEM and IMHO is not a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Numone
Firmware update 1.7. Dark Side of dji updates ect ect

For the firmware v1.7.0060, dji Says:

Improved compass accuracy.
2. Fixed issue of image being corrupted in rare occasion.
Notes:
The firmware can be downgraded to v1.6.0040.

I had never got compass accuracy error nor image being corrupted so why dji loosing time for a firmware upgrade for that (...snip...)

I find it hard to read past this line. Because YOU have not experienced the compass accuracy issue, you assume it doesn't occur? I don't mean to insult, but that's a pretty large logical fallacy there.

Reading the rest of your post, you seem to be under the impression that DJI is wasting our time for nothing ... what, a conspiracy? Do you think it's really in their best interests to purposely send us useless updates?

Get a grip — it seems to me like you have quite a chip on your shoulder.

Altitude limit? What altitude limit?
Your Phantom 3 can fly as high as when the Phantom 3 was released.
DJI has not introduced any altitude limit. [...snip...]

Meta4, I'm with you mostly on your comments to the OP, but about the height limit: I thought that DJI at one point introduced a hard limit of 500M. Perhaps it wasn't a firmware thing, but my (often faulty) memory tells me that it happened after the first-gen P3 release. No?

At any rate, as you can tell from my other response in this thread, I'm just as baffled as you regarding the OP's many complaints.

I thought that DJI at one point introduced a hard limit of 500M. Perhaps it wasn't a firmware thing, but my (often faulty) memory tells me that it happened after the first-gen P3 release. No?
No .. The first release P3s had the 500 m limit.
Some folks worked out a backdoor workaround that subsequently was closed but DJI have never enabled flight above 500 metres above launch point.

I have one in a frozen lake in Maine right now thanks to a compass error situation and they have not replaced it yet, logs and video all provided. Yeah I am pissed. That happened in January.

I have one in a frozen lake in Maine right now thanks to a compass error situation and they have not replaced it yet, logs and video all provided. Yeah I am pissed. That happened in January.
Sorry man, that sucks.

It seems like this firmware release should be verification that they're admitting to the compass failure.

Good luck!

To Those complaining about firmware updates as "admissions of failure" by DJI:
I have had DJI products for years, and a hallmark of their tech is to update. This is quite superior than a single release. They do support their products (at least while they are actively marketing them), and even improve the aircraft during a model run (W323, W323A, W323B). This does leave early adopters without physical updates to the aircraft, but this is a common DJI practice that occured first with the P2 line two years ago.

Prior to the P3, P4 and Inspire, all apps that connected to the Phantom to allow on-screen settings and video display were specific for the aircraft. With DJI GO, the firmware works across multiple models: P3P, P3A, P3S, P34K, and Inspire line. This means that the app will be continuously updated and the product will not be left behind, though firmware updates may sunset.

With the bad behaviors of its users and crackdowns by multiple governments around the globe, DJI is trying to provide software solutions to keep its users out of trouble, and satisfy regulatory authorities. Is it perfect? No. For example, I have no idea what is holding up the GEO system, as the beta for GEO seems to work.

I do wish DJI was more forthcoming in what is actually in each update, but keep in mind they have not yet implemented "forced" updates. I strongly suggest all users turn off automatic app updates for their iOS or android devices, which prevents being locked into a firmware update.

Please keep in mind these are flying machines. In the history of aviation, there has been no such thing as perfect. These machines must fight gravity, wind, and the folly of their designers and operators. Thankfully, DJI strives for improvement in their aircraft and software, and lately, even their customer service.

I'm not a fanboy of DJI, its just that over the years, I have seen many similar posts regarding DJI's admission of guilt each time they update. Hang in there, or buy a more advance and configurable aircraft without restrictions.

I read that the biggest negative to this update is they have cut the video bitrate in half ? Any truth to this? Has anyone noticed ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I read that the biggest negative to this update is they have cut the video bitrate in half ? Any truth to this? Has anyone noticed ?

Shot Today at:
MPEG4 Video (H264) 3840x2160 29.97fps 59955kbps
[V: DJI.AVC [eng] (h264 high L5.1, yuv420p, 3840x2160, 59955 kb/s)

Last Week Shot:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 3840x2160 29.97fps 59956kbps
[V: DJI.AVC [eng] (h264 high L5.1, yuv420p, 3840x2160, 59956 kb/s)]

I can confirm you, video bit rate for 4k almost the same :)

Firmware update 1.7. Dark Side of dji updates ect ect

THE GOOD
Improved compass accuracy.
2. Fixed issue of image being corrupted in rare occasion.
Notes:
The firmware can be downgraded to v1.6.0040.

QUESTION I ASK TO MYSELF?
I had never got compass accuracy error nor image being corrupted so why dji loosing time for a firmware upgrade for that, when there are many more thing that could have been upgrade like, video fps, better video coodec, more automated fights mode and much more p3 users will know that???

What I also observed was dji never says to customers what there are exactly in their firmware updates. Example when the introduced the geofense and altitude limit they did not mentioned about it when they put the firmware with lot of limitation online. They just announce an update and if you are “not satisfied” you can downgrade to a version before?

Big question is, when downgrading, is it really fully downgrading the whole thing or its just playing with version number so that you think that you have downgraded and all new limitation and stuff that come with the firmware get stick to the drone????

That's only my point of view, i nave no proof of what am saying for this one. Its just my heart speaking.

THE BAD
Only thing observed really in last firmware update is all p3 non OEM batteries are blocked. For me that update is to block all p3 users who are using cheap non original p3 batteries. So if you are using non genuine battery beware you will not be able to take off.

CONCLUSION
That’s my personal point of view. Am just what I observed.

Thanks to comment your point of view !!!

Because i feel bad to update a firmware without knowing exactly what in it.
The reason is because they'll stop soon to produce genuine p3 batteries and at this moment you'll be obliged to buy a p4 if you want to fly. I'll never update to 1.74. I'll stay on 1.4 because I'm really not interested in p4 features. No improvement to mention compared to a p3.

Shot Today at:
MPEG4 Video (H264) 3840x2160 29.97fps 59955kbps
[V: DJI.AVC [eng] (h264 high L5.1, yuv420p, 3840x2160, 59955 kb/s)

Last Week Shot:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 3840x2160 29.97fps 59956kbps
[V: DJI.AVC [eng] (h264 high L5.1, yuv420p, 3840x2160, 59956 kb/s)]

I can confirm you, video bit rate for 4k almost the same :)

Thank you !! So all in all this update seems fine ? No features removed etc ?

The user that reported that said he solved the issue by downgrading and then flashing the firmware again. Was probably just a fluke. The rest of us "seem" to be OK.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
The reason is because they'll stop soon to produce genuine p3 batteries and at this moment you'll be obliged to buy a p4 if you want to fly. I'll never update to 1.74. I'll stay on 1.4 because I'm really not interested in p4 features. No improvement to mention compared to a p3.

WHY would they stop selling P3 batteries ? They would lose an important market share with this. I don't believe this will happen any time soon.
Lol yeah right to force us to buy a P4 ...lol

Christ this forum is really one of the worst I have seen.

WHY would they stop selling P3 batteries ? They would lose an important market share with this. I don't believe this will happen any time soon.
Lol yeah right to force us to buy a P4 ...lol

Christ this forum is really one of the worst I have seen.

There's always the one guy who is scared of being abducted / government spying on him / and DJI ending p3 battery production (even though they still support their p1 and p2 lines lol !!! Ha ha ha ha ha

Never mind that. You need to be stockpiling bottled oxygen StevenQX because the government is limiting the supply of air through global warming to force people to buy and breathe nitrous oxide so the population is always happy and not complaining about stupid **** like this all the time.

Never mind that. You need to be stockpiling bottled oxygen StevenQX because the government is limiting the supply of air through global warming to force people to buy and breathe nitrous oxide so the population is always happy and not complaining about stupid **** like this all the time.
If they do that, they're gonna have to make the NO bottles bigger than the little tiny ones you get in the grocery store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31