P3 Firmware Release Date Change

Reaction score
All downloadable P3 Firmware release date has been updated with todays date on dji.com. What does it
mean?

The only thing that would make sense is, there had to of been some sort of revision made with in the software. The released dates on each version wont just change for no reason. I guess we'll need to download the new date firmware and compare with what we have saved to find out what's up.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Spock
It is surprising that site shows new dates without any announcement. Something was cooking up behind the scene and users were kept in dark.

Just because a date changes doesn't mean the file has changed. Compare file size or MD5 checksum for the answer.

Reactions: ctp
All downloadable P3 Firmware release date has been updated with todays date on dji.com. What does it
mean?

The only thing that would make sense is there had to have been some sort of revision made with in the software. The released dates on each version wont change for no reason. I guess we'll need to download the new date firmware and compare with what we have saved to find out what's up.....

yeh someone should do a hash comparison of the files to see if they are different too.

EDIT, well if you think about it, the date changed on older firmwares also. Perhaps their data storage was moved or something that caused the file dates to get updated.

yeh someone should do a hash comparison of the files to see if they are different too.

EDIT, well if you think about it, the date changed on older firmwares also. Perhaps their data storage was moved or something that caused the file dates to get updated.

Dates were updated to todays date. The files should not be looked at as newer and older, but files that are available for install. If there was a storage change, it seems kind of odd that the firmware files were the only files effected.

Since you guys had me curious, I just re-downloaded the P3A firmware and compared the checksums. They are in fact identical ("old" vs. "new").

See attached screenshot. 3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin is the "original" firmware from last month (or whenever). 3S_FW_V01.04.0010_2.bin is the "new" one I just downloaded. Aside from the time stamp, which I'm attributing to DST or something like that, they are identical.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-11-06 12.02.03.png
    Screenshot 2015-11-06 12.02.03.png
    197.4 KB · Views: 497
I put the bin file on my micro sd card, placed it back in the gimbal, and turned the Phantom 3 on. Nothing but the rear lights blinking yellow. The gimbal LED diode remained green. No D-D-D, or D-D.
My App says all firmware is current. So not sure about that date change. Certainly nothing new to report.

RedHotPoker

I put the bin file on my micro sd card, placed it back in the gimbal, and turned the Phantom 3 on. Nothing but the rear lights blinking yellow. The gimbal LED diode remained green. No D-D-D, or D-D.
My App says all firmware is current. So not sure about that date change. Certainly nothing new to report.

RedHotPoker
You are one brave red hot poker!

Reactions: Oso
Yes, I Gotta gotta gotta do it. . . Hahaha
I should have just checked the intell code. . . & Seen it was old news.
Took me all of five minutes. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Yes, I Gotta gotta gotta do it. . . Hahaha
I should have just checked the intell code. . . & Seen it was old news.
Took me all of five minutes. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Five minutes are enough to brick your bird haha

Ok so there has been no conspiracies found. Still seems weird though. :D

After unzipping the file size is the same....
What's the point of changing firmware date?
They are up to something for sure....

After unzipping the file size is the same....
What's the point of changing firmware date?
They are up to something for sure....

I kind of thought maybe changing the number on the amount of transmitter output power allowed. As in reducing the FAA-CE amounts?

Has anyone posted that they are still able to fly the same exact distance, with no video loss since actual update?

mean?

The only thing that would make sense is, there had to of been some sort of revision made with in the software. The released dates on each version wont just change for no reason. I guess we'll need to download the new date firmware and compare with what we have saved to find out what's up.....
The .BIN file within the ZIP folder shows last modified today, this could only mean one of 2 things:

1. They re-zipped the firmware .BIN & re-uploaded it to the download sections.
2. Something within the .BIN update was changed & re-zipped & re-uploaded to the download section.
3. They packed in the controller update package within the AC package to save some confusion.

Is anyone able to check in hex view or something alike if both files are in fact identical?

Last edited:
This new firmware fixed my "no signal" issue. I had no live video feed after the previous update.

DJI has been issuing RMAs for this (in fact I have one). Since it Halle d due to firmware, it was pretty unlikely that it was a hardware issue.

Glad it's fixed.

Thst might explain what the minor update entailed. Even though as noted, It did nothing for me. Thankfully. ;-)

RedHotPoker

This new firmware fixed my "no signal" issue. I had no live video feed after the previous update.

DJI has been issuing RMAs for this (in fact I have one). Since it Halle d due to firmware, it was pretty unlikely that it was a hardware issue.

Glad it's fixed.

So you downloaded and installed the current version listed and the issue you had has been resolved?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers