P3 does nuts when Return home initiated

Reaction score
I just patched up a crashed P3 and did a first test flight today. All seemed to work as should until I hit the return home function. The drone went nuts. It lifted up and shot off like it lived the next county over! Was able to recover it manually. Second time same thing.
Granted this is my first real go with this drone. I received it crashed and put it back together. The voice from the pilot app stated home point set.

Thoughts?

Where does the app say that "home" is?

Ignorantly new to this so forgive me. Will check app for home point and recalibrate IMU.
Msinger ...... After calling it home it raised up a bit, not straight up and not as far as I expected and banked really hard going away from me. It was flying fast, almost full speed at a slight downward diagonal decent. It was not controlled. It kind of was trying to circle toward us.
I flew maybe 200 ft away and hit home at a hover at 100 ft. I did do a mini return home where it was 20-30ft from takeoff and it worked fine. Note: one of the motors is slightly bend out of track from the crash. It does hold hover.

Guys please know this drone project pretty much fell on my lap and this was the first time I flew it. I have some solid flying experience with more barebones FPV Quads. The guy I got it from was with me and raised the alarm immediately.

If I would not have had flying experience this thing would have crashed hard. All these fancy bells and whatnots is new to me...exciting but new.

Thanks for the replies and the help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1