P3 DNG Size

Reaction score
I'm new to drone; i'm wondering why the DNG size is 960 540 for me while JPG is 4000 2250? (Yea I chose 16:9)

Thanks

Look into the camera settings.
Unfortunately the manual and specs are very sparse on detail.
But there should be options to shoot at several file sizes.

Look into the camera settings.
Unfortunately the manual and specs are very sparse on detail.
But there should be options to shoot at several file sizes.

Hi thanks for your help! But I don't think there's an optional for that? I chose the JPG +RAW option, and ended up the JPG was 4000*2250 and DNG is so small...weird

Something isn't right there .. the DNG should be the same resolution as the JPG. It always was with the P2V+.
There's no point in having it much smaller than the jpg.

If I look at the DNG exif in faststone viewer it says size is 960x720 and 0.69mp.
Look at properties in Windows explorer and it's correct at 3992x2992
Since the file sizes are about 23MB the smaller reading must be wrong somehow.

I don't think you can change the size of the RAW file in the camera settings, but some DSLRs at least can do a smaller RAW size.
It was probably more useful when memory card capacity was less and computers might struggle even with a large image file never mind video.

Reactions: desleezc
Something isn't right there .. the DNG should be the same resolution as the JPG. It always was with the P2V+.
There's no point in having it much smaller than the jpg.

Ahh figured it out!! Looks like my default viewer has problem in reading the DNG, so I used another one and it shows the correct size now! Thanks!! :)

If I look at the DNG exif in faststone viewer it says size is 960x720 and 0.69mp.
Look at properties in Windows explorer and it's correct at 3992x2992
Since the file sizes are about 23MB the smaller reading must be wrong somehow.

I don't think you can change the size of the RAW file in the camera settings, but some DSLRs at least can do a smaller RAW size.
It was probably more useful when memory card capacity was less and computers might struggle even with a large image file never mind video.

Ahh figured it out!! You are right, it's the view issue. Looks like my default viewer has problem in reading the DNG, so I used another one and it shows the correct size now! Thanks!! :)

I know this is an old thread, but here goes...

Many photo viewing apps—when they encounter a RAW (DNG, CR2, etc) file—simply take the embedded JPG preview file within and display that. Those embedded preview images are much lower resolution (e.g. 960x540).

In some photo viewing apps (for example, FastStone), you can change this behavior to render a preview based on the actual RAW file. At this point, all the EXIF info is shown correctly.

lPjX6OH.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.