P3 Distance Limits ( long high flights only in ATTI)

But it's not the same as the P2s.
The P3 and Inspire have a 500 metre height limit that can't be overridden.
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Can't be o_O
beam me up ,this sucks.jpg

Part of the problem for me is 500m height is relative to the take off point. If I'm trying to photograph a mountain of 750m starting from the base at 100m then the 500m restriction would be too low to get to the top.

I appreciate its not going to be an everyday problem but I hope to go to Snowdonia next year and take some mountain shots.

This is one of the reasons i went with the p2 go pro 4, for filming mountains a 500 metre restriction is no good, The inspire is the same it won't let you go over 500 metres and won't let you change it.

In a couple months there will be apps out there that will not have the restriction. This is just another c.y.a. tactic from DJI. Can't see how this would be a deterrent from purchasing a P3 or Inspire.

In a couple months there will be apps out there that will not have the restriction. This is just another c.y.a. tactic from DJI. Can't see how this would be a deterrent from purchasing a P3 or Inspire.
Well it is to me and just sent em an E-Mail telling em . Not gonna have anything that tells me I can't do something if I want to or not !!
Like having a Porsche and them having it set to 70 mph !

Well it is to me and just sent em an E-Mail telling em . Not gonna have anything that tells me I can't do something if I want to or not !!
Like having a Porsche and them having it set to 70 mph !
I totally get it, and I'm not judging.

I totally get it, and I'm not judging.
Oh I knew you wasn't bro ,I was just saying ;) Just don't like stuff to restrict me that's all .

I guess DJI read this forum, when they see things like people irresponsibly publically boasting that they got to 4,000ft that they feel a limit is needed.
o_O This forum ? All they gotta do is look at You Tube !
I don't think you get my point .I'm just saying I don't like being restricted !! And I did say I :)

Your covered with a p2 if you want to film high terrain over 500mtr's, not so with a p3 or inspire and even if somebody brings an app out would you use it to negate the safety of your device!

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 10.35.11.png

No problems here :)

How is 500m not enough? You're practically in outer space at that point!

My only bird at present is a P2
I know I can set almost any ceiling at all in it. I do currently have it set at 122m, but I'm sure I can set it to anything I want. I have it set there because I'm a licenced UAV pilot so have it set to obey the law, and also because I don't need much more for my day to day photography, and because I get too nervous with how long the damned thing takes to come down even from that height.
I'm pretty sure it allows any horizontal distance too (at least within reason).
I'm making sure those things never change, by disconnecting my internet at home before I ever plug the bird into the software, so it cannot ever update. I can live without the updates, I just don't particularly want to find it suddenly has all the same limits the new ones have.

I think at the moment I have horizontal set at 2500m which in theory if I was to have a fly-away, would be close enough that if it flew straight there and straight back, could get it back to me before the battery died.
Not much point having a huge horizontal distance, that will leave the bird falling from the sky while still miles from home if it hits the limit and returns.

Ben nevis Scotland...
  1. 1,344 metres

4_1_3l.JPG
This is my play ground:)....just me and my bike In gods land..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigdz
vfiles24455.jpg

Pioneer Peak is a 6,398-foot (1,950 m) mountain in the Chugach Mountains in the U.S. state of Alaska. Located beside the Knik River just nine miles (14.5 km) south of Palmer and about six miles outside the Municipality of Anchorage limits, it is a prominent landmark in the Matanuska-Susitna Valley, as well as a popular hiking destination. The name was given in 1939 in honor of the pioneers of the Matanuska agricultural colony of the mid-1930s.[1] The Pioneer Ridge Trail leads up the eastern shoulder, beginning below 200', it allows access to the summit.

Reactions: dalebb
Never thought one would want to summit a mountain with a drone but to each their own. You do realize that it will take you about 10 minutes to descend from 1,500m, right? So it'll be like the Griswolds visiting the Grand Canyon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: gfredrone
Isn't the restriction from where you launch and limit based on that? For example couldn't you power up and get a GPS lock on top of a mountain and fly 500m up from that point? Or, couldn't you start at the top and fly down or reset every 500m you climb? Of course the issue is moot if there isn't a trail or road to the top...

Isn't the restriction from where you launch and limit based on that? For example couldn't you power up and get a GPS lock on top of a mountain and fly 500m up from that point? Or, couldn't you start at the top and fly down or reset every 500m you climb? Of course the issue is moot if there isn't a trail or road to the top...
Yes, it's from your launch point.

It's not like the only thing you can do with mountains involves starting from the bottom and flying all the way to the top.
Really how often do you want to look down on the summit?

It's not like the only thing you can do with mountains involves starting from the bottom and flying all the way to the top.
Really how often do you want to look down on the summit?
Yep, you may want a video of the mountains on the other side or the old copper mine near the top.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31