P3 Dedicated tablet/phone

What tablet/phone do you use for your P3?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Will be purchasing a P3A for my dad today and so I would like to find a tablet or phone to be used as a dedicated monitor for the P3.

I've seen people mentioning the mini ipad, but that's a bit out of price range for something dedicated (as well as for my dad). Can anyone recommend the cheapest yet still works good tablet (or even phone) for the P3?

I was hoping to find a list of what everyone was using with approximate prices and perhaps a rating of the tablet/phone, but didn't locate anything.

It sounds like we're going to have dueling lists ;)

Will be purchasing a P3A for my dad today and so I would like to find a tablet or phone to be used as a dedicated monitor for the P3.

I've seen people mentioning the mini ipad, but that's a bit out of price range for something dedicated (as well as for my dad). Can anyone recommend the cheapest yet still works good tablet (or even phone) for the P3?

I was hoping to find a list of what everyone was using with approximate prices and perhaps a rating of the tablet/phone, but didn't locate anything.
I am using the Lenova A3500f, it works very well indeed and compared to other tablets on the market, very well priced. Hope this helps.

No, I'd just tack it on yours...
There are also many threads on this topic, so you should find plenty of reading material.

A warning - once you buy one for your dad, you will want one for yourself!

Reactions: gmann001
Make sure you buy your smart device with an easy return, like Costco, Amazon, etc. I went through 3 android tablets, fussing with Google services with no joy. There are many threads on this subject and hardware acceleration, etc. I highly prefer android over IOS because of the flexibility, even tried the highest end Samsung Tab S, still no joy. Then tried my wife's iPad and it just works, no fuss, no lag, just works. So I bought an iPad mini 2 with 64GB. It's almost fully dedicated to the phantom.

Someday if DJI fixes the android app I will try an android tablet again.

Last edited:
Yes, go Apple!! ;-)
iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular. It just works great. The A8X CPU, is why.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Fplvert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31