Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Crappy Mobile Device Holder Replacement

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by srweaver69, Sep 9, 2015.

1. srweaver69

I absolutely love my P3 Professional, however, the crappy mobile device holder that comes with the remote has been driving me crazy. I have a $300 IPad mini shaking around on that plastic clip that makes me more nervous than the $1,200 bird.

On a whim I ordered the Inspire 1 mobile device holder that has a metal bracket. It fits perfectly on the P3 remote and is far, far more stable. I would recommend the upgrade for all!

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

3. dstaclarke

I got my replacement today and it is perfect. No more shaking.

4. RedHotPoker

Yes, I ordered mine the same day that I picked up my Phantom 3 Pro'. Since the day I put it on my radio, it still hasn't come loose. ;-)

Never had that feeling again, of uncertainty or insecurity of device.

RedHotPoker

5. PilotHarry

Hi RedHotPoker,

You seem to know your stuff: I was wondering if you know whether the P3P can be used with an IPad Air.

I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad Air, so I'd rather use the air. Is there a special mount?

Thank!

:Harry

6. RedHotPoker

The Inspire 1 device holder is the key. It will hold your iPad Air firm and tight. You can check the compatible device list on the @dji website:
    • GO App
      iOS Version v2.2.0. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
      Android Version v2.2.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Z3 EXPERIA, MI 3, MI PAD.
      *Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
      2015-09-07

Looks like you are in... ;-)

Enjoy the Phantom, and your time on the forum.

RedHotPoker

7. PilotHarry

Thanks! Ordering now :)

8. TeeJayN

+1
    Good whim. I use a beautifully large iPad Air 2 on my P3P and the Inspire mount holds it rock solid. Highly recommended.