P3 Cracks new!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have 21.5 hours of flight 90 flights in total 247.231 meters and today this appear.No hard landing no crash ?
Just routine inspection as per every flight ad this.Any help?

Attachments

• IMG_5310.JPG
    IMG_5310.JPG
    554.3 KB · Views: 823
  • IMG_5311.JPG
    IMG_5311.JPG
    520.8 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_5312.JPG
    IMG_5312.JPG
    547.7 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_5313.JPG
    IMG_5313.JPG
    574.1 KB · Views: 676
Please see chip piece on left side battery compartment thats not right ?
Ah, okay. On second look, it does look like there is a little chip missing. Sorry. I'm not sure DJI will make it right.......... most here say the shell is not warrantied.

lol

The outer bezel of the battery compartment is actually a separate piece that's been glued or welded on. That's the line you see. The chip that's missing is the pointed end of the bezel piece. It's a weak point in the design but doesn't look like any kind of structural flaw.

I would be more concerned if I started seeing more separation at that glue seam. The bezel is what the battery snaps catch on. A failure of the seam could result in the battery coming loose.

Very unlikely, but you should keep an eye on it. Personally I would put a dab of white silicon caulking in the chipped spot so I wouldn't have to see it.

Last edited:
The outer bezel of the battery compartment is actually a separate piece that's been glued or welded on. That's the line you see. The chip that's missing is the pointed end of the bezel piece. It's a weak point in the design but doesn't look like any kind of structural flaw.

I would be more concerned if I started seeing more separation at that glue seam. The bezel is what the battery snaps catch on. A failure of the seam could result in the battery coming loose.
That looks correct for me thx

This is really incredible, I think DJI should get out of the business because of this :)
They will be around for a while, probably better learn to repair the cracks-- easier than fretting over them.:):):)
Cheers

I have a brand new Phantom 3 Pro, which has not even taken flight yet.
The "cracks" the OP shows in his images are also present on my P3P.
All part of the way the the DJ shell is put together :)
Baron

Reactions: crlondonltd
The machines shell is obviously faulty!! why are contributors telling op to get on with it? some of us have to work hard for the money we use to buy this expensive toy , I buy something and expect it to work correctly for a prolonged service period, if it doesn't , then replace it or refund my money and I will give it to a company that CAN build.

Reactions: dalebb
The machines shell is obviously faulty!! why are contributors telling op to get on with it? some of us have to work hard for the money we use to buy this expensive toy , I buy something and expect it to work correctly for a prolonged service period, if it doesn't , then replace it or refund my money and I will give it to a company that CAN build.
Cause that is what they do. The two car garage or the basement is a hobby shop where they can fix anything, and if you can't, don't bother posting here. Just read.

don't worry, it is not a crack.
its where you push when you want to open the top shell. there is a plastic hook near that place that holds the bottom and the top shell

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic