P3 controller sticks too sensitive

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the phantom 2 and maybe I am crazy but it sure seems like it is much more difficult to do a slow flyby with the p3 pro that I've got. Is there a way to adjust this? I tried doing the same shot with my 2 and it was much easier to do a slow fly over than with the 3...anybody else noticed this?

I just upgraded from the phantom 2 and maybe I am crazy but it sure seems like it is much more difficult to do a slow flyby with the p3 pro that I've got. Is there a way to adjust this? I tried doing the same shot with my 2 and it was much easier to do a slow fly over than with the 3...anybody else noticed this?
There were a few suggestions in this thread from Monday. Maybe one will work for your needs. Cheers!
How do you make it go slower?

Adjusting the stick heights upwards will make them less touchy.

You can lengthen your control sticks so a big movement has a smaller effect on the P3.
You can also do it electronically in the go app for each control. I think it was expo adjustment.
I did it for my yaw control to make my turns smoother.

Thanks for the help. I noticed a difference in the forward/backwards and rudder settings but the throttle exp setting does not seem to be making a difference. No matter what I put in, just a slight throttle up makes the motors spin full speed....is that supposed to happen?

The fact that you noticed this is a good thing! Most will just fly with what they have and call it a day. The more important issue is, users will actually do a update, and then fail to re-calibrate the calibrated areas of the aircraft and remote controller.

The P3 is not dummy proof. To my knowledge the P3 was not designed to right a pilots wrong doing.

I'm a noob but I think there are two ways to change this.

First is mechanical advantage. You can modify the length of the joysticks so that it takes more displacement to move the same angle, due to increasing arc length. The longer the joystick length, the 'less sensitive', although this changes the finger height and your hand might have less biomechanical range or dexterity leading to imprecision or discomfort.

The other is modifying the sensitivity in the software settings.

I think the P3P handles better then the P2V+ perhaps something is wrong that's why you noticed the difference. Is the positioning sensor turned on or off? How high are you scarfing? That could be an issue. Also the texture of the ground, smooth and reflective is not good sometimes. Call a Tech. GL

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj