P3 camera pan range

Reaction score
Just received my P3A and spent the evening unpacking it. It is used but appears to be in good shape. Not going to fly it for awhile but did fire up everything without props, just to make sure it all worked. So far so good.
Still waiting on the manual. So here's what's concerning me. I can see the camera on the mini iPad 2 with no problem. Tilt works great. Pan seems to
be very limited. When I did a camera centering it looked like it panned its full
range, about 180 degrees. I'm thinking some sort of pan limit is set and on.
What am I missing or do I have a gimbal controll issue?

Bill

Just received my P3A and spent the evening unpacking it. It is used but appears to be in good shape. Not going to fly it for awhile but did fire up everything without props, just to make sure it all worked. So far so good.
Still waiting on the manual. So here's what's concerning me. I can see the camera on the mini iPad 2 with no problem. Tilt works great. Pan seems to
be very limited. When I did a camera centering it looked like it panned its full
range, about 180 degrees. I'm thinking some sort of pan limit is set and on.
What am I missing or do I have a gimbal controll issue?
Here's your manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_en_v1.8_160719.pdf

There's nothing wrong with your camera pan controls.
If you could move the camera sideways all you'd see is the landing gear.
You'd also get very mixed up about which way the Phantom was facing.
To pan the camera you pan the aircraft.

Reactions: Oso
The "panning" is only visible in flight. The camera doesn't turn to pan, the Phantom does (rotates).

Here's your manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_en_v1.8_160719.pdf

There's nothing wrong with your camera pan controls.
If you could move the camera sideways all you'd see is the landing gear.
You'd also get very mixed up about which way the Phantom was facing.
To pan the camera you pan the aircraft.

First, thanks for the manual. I was wondering if maybe panning was primarily done wth the aircraft. I see your point about the landing gear. I'm meeting up with an expert this weekend to show me the ropes. Next thing is to start studying for part 107. Again thanks.

Bill

The "panning" is only visible in flight. The camera doesn't turn to pan, the Phantom does (rotates).

Thanks for heads up. I was wondering if that might be the case. Now that I have the manual, I can get busy learning a few things before flying it. Thanks much.

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1