P3 battery charged by Powerlab charger.

Reaction score
Hi guys.
i have cellpro powerlab 8 v2.
i am going to charge my x3 P3 batts at a time using Pl8 charger.
i have heard Lead charging mode, but in this mode, i could not adjust voltage to 17.4V ( as original P3's charger). Adjusting Amps is only thing i can do.
any suggest to charge many P3's batts at a time ( using powerlab 8) ?

Lots of looks but no replies...

Charging is likely the most dangerous activity associated with normal use of a LiPos.

The fact that the charger cannot be 'properly' set should be enough to convince you it's not a good idea.

Reactions: Cuong44
Hi guys.
i have cellpro powerlab 8 v2.
i am going to charge my x3 P3 batts at a time using Pl8 charger.
i have heard Lead charging mode, but in this mode, i could not adjust voltage to 17.4V ( as original P3's charger). Adjusting Amps is only thing i can do.
any suggest to charge many P3's batts at a time ( using powerlab 8) ?

It looks like the cellpro powerlab 8 v2 is a current limiting device. It requires a power supply that is greater than the P3 batteries 17.4V to operate. What supply voltage are you using? From your description, it sounds like you are using a 12 V charging supply, and that's too low to work.
PJ

Reactions: Cuong44
It looks like the cellpro powerlab 8 v2 is a current limiting device. It requires a power supply that is greater than the P3 batteries 17.4V to operate. What supply voltage are you using? From your description, it sounds like you are using a 12 V charging supply, and that's too low to work.
PJ
i am using 24V power supply. could not set voltage in LEAD mode, only Current.

i am using 24V power supply. could not set voltage in LEAD mode, only Current.
If you are using a power supply why would you ever try to put the device in "Lead" mode? As per the instructions, the "lead" mode allows the charger to put current back into the lead acid battery(regenerative setting). Trying to force the cellpro 8 to try to "recharge" your power supply by attempting to set the lead mode is likely going to damage your power supply. Luckily for you it appears the cellpro 8 can detect the difference between a lead acid battery and a power supply and won't allow you to try to ruin your power supply by trying to "charge" it.
Read your manual!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers