P3 altitude settings

FYI guys I'm a newbie, so I'm sorry If what I'm posting is old news. I used to fly RC back in the day and you can go as high as the RC will allow....so I'm trying to learn what this drone will/can do....

FYI guys I'm a newbie, so I'm sorry If what I'm posting is old news. I used to fly RC back in the day and you can go as high as the RC will allow....so I'm trying to learn what this drone will/can do....

Not a problem. Not sure how updated that info I posted is but it also states drone need to be in sight at all time. Which people on this forum do not do. To each his own. Just be safe.

Thanks Brian....Yeah, I'll be safe...With the cost of this thing that last thing I want to do is possibly hurt someone or crash it...However 400 feet can't even get a decent ariel shot.

You mention about getting shots above the clouds, I take it from that statement you intend to fly through the cloud to get your desired pictures. Not really a good idea considering the amount of moisture contained in the clouds and the fact that you are using a delicate electronic device

You'll be surprised some of the best shot's I've gotten are from between 40ft to 150ft. When you go way up high everything just looks too small

Reactions: biff600
I've just seen some awesome shots with the clouds at level or a little below and I would love to accomplish just one pic of that....

You mention about getting shots above the clouds, I take it from that statement you intend to fly through the cloud to get your desired pictures. Not really a good idea considering the amount of moisture contained in the clouds and the fact that you are using a delicate electronic device

Thanks Brian....Yeah, I'll be safe...With the cost of this thing that last thing I want to do is possibly hurt someone or crash it...However 400 feet can't even get a decent ariel shot.

I agree, between the limits, regulations and poor camera quality there is only some much that can be done.

I would recommend not going above 400 feet until you are a lot more familiar with operating the Phantom and appropriate local rules.
However 400 feet can't even get a decent aerial shot.
There are more ways to photograph a big site than flying high.
I created this very detailed site plan from 37 individual photos, flown well below 400 feet.
Tallowood_Sept%203-L.jpg

I would recommend not going above 400 feet until you are a lot more familiar with operating the Phantom and appropriate local rules.

There are more ways to photograph a big site than flying high.
I created this very detailed site plan from 37 individual photos, flown well below 400 feet.

Wow Meta...What camera settings you using...some nice shots! I'm still also learning the settings....

I've just seen some awesome shots with the clouds at level or a little below and I would love to accomplish just one pic of that....

You understand aircraft fly at those altitudes right? A drone through the window of a small Cessna 142 wouldn't be pleasant for the pilot.

Reactions: P3A
You understand aircraft fly at those altitudes right? A drone through the window of a small Cessna 142 wouldn't be pleasant for the pilot.

Thank you. Yes, again I'm not trying to fly that high and possibly hurt someone. Just want to know how people do it, and how to change the settings because if one day I wanted to go an extra 50 feet for a perfect ariel I'll know how.

An extra 50 feet would still not get you above the clouds. By flying at cloud height (as you stated you wished to) is irresponsible due to the fact that you will be flying in a moisture saturated atmosphere which could affect the performance of your P3, you will also not have LOS with the craft, thereby flying it "blind" relying purely on the camera and what you can (or can't) see on your tablet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers