P3 altitude settings

Reaction score
Please help! My P3 pro will not go above 400 feet. where do I change these settings? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Eric

In the app make sure you have beginner mode turned off and beneath that turn the distance limit off too

Since you are a newbie, make sure you understand your aviation safety rules for where you fly and that you aren't doing anything unsafe.

The place to look is here ...
i-qBFFq2n-L.png

What Country are you from? What is the max allowed altitude there for hobby multicopters?

I figured out to turn the altitude to 500m....That's what, around 1500ft? Can I go any higher then that for cloud shots? Yes, I'm a responsible adult, just want a couple cloud shots. Thanks!

Eric

In the US, The FAA only allows for 400 Ft by regulation, 500 Ft If you are certified for commercial.
I am starting to see some rumor reports of DJI con-siding with on board Regulated Altitude.(RA)

Really? Many things I read said 400-1200ft is the normal range that is fine. 400ft altitude regulation would not be fun....Just trying to get a subdivision shot needs to be above 1000 ft. BTW, thanks guys for your help!

Really? Many things I read said 400-1200ft is the normal range that is fine. 400ft altitude regulation would not be fun....Just trying to get a subdivision shot needs to be above 1000 ft. BTW, thanks guys for your help!

Lol sounds sketchy!! Be careful!

That's fine, However it's a possibility depending on your country.

Thanks guys, so these go 500m? There are Youtube videos with guys going above 1 mile...How do they achive that?

Last edited:
Max altitude for "unlicensed" UAS here in Sweden: 120m (~400ft)

Thanks guys, but your speaking like you never go over 400 ft...really?
Absolutely.
Its not about getting caught or not, its about other peoples safety.
The community in large has a healthy stand on these issues, I think.

Thanks guys, so these go 500m? There are Youtube videos with guys going above 1 mile...How do they do that?
Really. Well, I did go 411 one time. Reset it in options. Like others have told you, if you're in the US, it's 400' recommended.

Absolutely.

If I'm at home on the farm I'll go 400'. Other location not so.

I fully understand this...and trust me safety is huge. I'm curious how people go above the 500m when that is the max on the app?

Absolutely.

Thanks guys, so these go 500m? There are Youtube videos with guys going above 1 mile...How do they achive that?
They aren't using a p3. A p2 or other drone can achieve it with boosters but it's very pointless going that high. Find yourself a mountain and fly up above the clouds, easier and safer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub