P3 altitude record 980m

FOD from another flight damaged the tire, which caused a chain reaction of fatal events...

Maybe my example was a little too dramatic. And not related to FOD engine ingestion, but the images of the concord accident was to get a point across..

Shoulda just kept it to myself. This is what I get for being kind and sharing info for what half the people want... ohh well, I better start learning to program.
No need to learn how to hack the phantom, just don't do anything that could lead to the drone manufactures being mandated to impose operational limitations on their products..

Highly unlikely and extremely speculative sensationalism.

At least use a 2 engined plane crash caused by ingestion, maybe even local to the OP, such as the Hudson River ditch or the likes.

Highly unlikely and extremely speculative sensationalism.

At least use a 2 engined plane crash caused by ingestion, maybe even local to the OP, such as the Hudson River ditch or the likes.
Ok, fair enough..

Or have a look at the NTSB reports online. You will find many engine failures caused by engine debris injestion resulting in the flight crew declaring emergencies. It happens often enough that it never makes it to the media.

Shoulda just kept it to myself. This is what I get for being kind and sharing info for what half the people want... ohh well, I better start learning to program.

So if you're really gonna keep it to yourself, then why post on the Inspire 1 Pilot forum, asking someone to try out going above 500m with their Inspire? You've pretty well blown your credibility and it seems you're just not convinced that you're doing anything wrong. So let it be on your conscience if you cause a mishap. Many posters on this thread have tried to convince you of the dangers of violating NAS rules, but it seems you're just happy trolling for more negative reactions. :(

Reactions: Buzz313th
Hey guys. Before I go fishing tomorrow, maybe you can help me out so I dont break any rules, laws or regulations. I just got myself a 10' fishing pole and I hooked it up with 40' braided wire. I can cast crazy far now, almost 1000feet, I hope its not illegal, cuz it wouldn't be fair to the fish right.?

There is no need for the sarcasm. While you can fly that high why would you need/want to knowing that you may be causing a safety hazard for others. My Corvette goes well over the speed limit and I know how to drive, but do I risk others lives because I can? The answer is no I don't because I would rather be responsible. We all understand you can do it, but why do it?
I would suggest if you do not like the flak you will take from responsible pilots then please do not post things here you know would be looked down upon by your actions.

Last edited:
This thread was locked for a day, but is now open. A warning though, any member that attempts to post abusive comments or posts violating our Community Guidelines, will have a reply ban against them for this thread and their post removed.

Hi. Sorry for my bad english.
I understand rules, but at this moment (according that, faa rules, maybe different to each country, american, european....) we are discussing about 500m phantom 3 limit (height), and it´s more that allowed 120m (400´). But there are threads about "range" of p3 over 1.2miles... when we only can fly within visual line of sight at all times. Then, drone future will be a long limit 800´, and 400´ height. why 2km or more range when a phantom vision (old) would be ok for visual line of sight?

I don´t like imposed limits, but I think, some times, they can be overcome. 200m, 300m, 500m or 550m. Some beautiful mountains have vertical walls over 500meters, and I think, flying there near to a mountain wall at 400m could be secure. I think... and it´s my opinion.

Regards

@KillerCut, I respect the fact you found a hack to bypass the 500m limit. But you should of messaged directly DJI and would probly got a reward of 1000s of $ instead of sharing here and putting many life at risk.
Because what if a terrorist or some random low IQ use the trick you just shared here to down a Boeing down in downtown New York causing 100s of deaths and damage ?
First you will have this on your conscience and then you might get a free travel with food and lodging included to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence....

Edit: Even on P2 i never went over 120m because when a helicopter come at low altitude it can have so much speed that you barely have time to react to it`s trajectory(and out of line of sight it would be impossible to avoid the collision), and even if the risks of actual collision are super low, 1 collision causing deaths would be enough to get a BAN on our hobby until they put up some crazy overpowered legislations with huge fines and sentences, etc...

So please don`t be the one ruining everyone fun

Last edited:
Hi. Sorry for my bad english.
I understand rules, but at this moment (according that, faa rules, maybe different to each country, american, european....) we are discussing about 500m phantom 3 limit (height), and it´s more that allowed 120m (400´). But there are threads about "range" of p3 over 1.2miles... when we only can fly within visual line of sight at all times. Then, drone future will be a long limit 800´, and 400´ height. why 2km or more range when a phantom vision (old) would be ok for visual line of sight?

I don´t like imposed limits, but I think, some times, they can be overcome. 200m, 300m, 500m or 550m. Some beautiful mountains have vertical walls over 500meters, and I think, flying there near to a mountain wall at 400m could be secure. I think... and it´s my opinion.

Regards
Your point is a valid one...

If the Drone manufacturers are going to take it upon themselves to limit the height based on local restrictions and Local restrictions are based on absolute altitude (AGL), then the most logical instrument to use to base altitude on would be a radio altimeter. Unfortunately, if the P3 had a radio altimeter it would probably cost 50% more to purchase.

The other alternative, is to completely unlock the altitude software imposed restrictions and rely on the operator.. But that has been proven to be a bad idea.

Friend got his 3dr solo at 1100 m pics look like from outer space,got my pv2 at 650 and sh*** on my pants took me 5 min to get it down, wind drifted it about 100 m ,we where at his farm in old texas farm land, honest U can see it is more like tosting a balloon up up,and away and see if s coming down, putting flytrex data an pics soon

works for Qu testing

they have 3 on sw tx for ag testing and mapping very impressive bird

I will be getting mine late May and will surely let you guys know about range. I have a fairly open field in my area I can do some range tests in. Stay tuned.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj