P3 all photos and videos are overexposed

Reaction score
Hi,
I did my first videos and photos today with my P3 Pro. All are overexposed.
When I looked at the settings all I could see was the ISO, the shutter and the resulting over/underexposure EV when I changed any of the first two values.
Does it really mean that I have to adjust shutter/ISO until I arrive at an EV value close to 0?
Every cheap $50 point and shoot camera has automatic exposure and this expensive camera requires manual settings which could change any second anyway during filming? Am I overlooking anything?

You can set it to auto instead of manual. It will lock the shutter speed but u can still play with the exposure either by tapping the screen or using the right shoulder slider.

Sorry it took so long for someone to respond to your, I would guess you have figured it out by now, just saw post date.

For best results with your photos always shoot in RAW. This will require you to do some post editing. During the sun light hours always try and shoot at IOS 100 and never above 400 unless you're doing night photography. Remember the more IOS the more grain you have in the photo and makes it difficult to add much sharpening to the image. I highly recommend shooting at IOS 100, RAW, 4.3, use your slider on your control to control shutter speed AND make sure to turn on show over exposed areas. Then if something is over exposed you can dial it down until you see no more zebra stripes. Then Boom! You got your money shot. The phantom camera really isn't that good of a camera and if you don't shoot raw or do post editing you won't get that great of quality.

Reactions: ScopeTech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers