P3 Advanced with a 4k Camera

LOl people just don't read.. The person who did this.. Confirmed that the 4K camera on the Advance does work and the App as well... No Issues... So there is only one clonclusion to be drawn from this... DJI is one hell of smart company... No wonder they are not supporting the Advance in the SDK from the Get go.... and why should they??? They want the extra $300 before people start realizing they are being fooled..
Fooling?

Even if the camera is EXACTLY the same, why should you be entitled to the 4K camera when you purchased the ADV simply because its a software (firmware) flash that is keeping you back?

I mean I've spent well over the cost of the entire DJI Phantom 3 Professional on software alone.

Here is a link for a product that I have bought 3 seats on and the initial product could buy 3 Phantom 3 Pros. Toolfarm.com :: The Video Plug-ins People - MAXON CINEMA 4D Studio [Purchase] (and by the way, there is much more expensive software out there, just off the top of my head)

So because it's hardware, the software should be made available even though you didn't buy it? Millennial entitlement at it's finest. ;)

The question I have is if someone bought a P3A and then spend the $539 for the 4K, could they them have the right to flash their systems to upgrade their P3A to a P3P. I think the answer to that is and should be yes.

Fooling?

Even if the camera is EXACTLY the same, why should you be entitled to the 4K camera when you purchased the ADV simply because its a software (firmware) flash that is keeping you back?

I mean I've spent well over the cost of the entire DJI Phantom 3 Professional on software alone.

Here is a link for a product that I have bought 3 seats on and the initial product could buy 3 Phantom 3 Pros. Toolfarm.com :: The Video Plug-ins People - MAXON CINEMA 4D Studio [Purchase] (and by the way, there is much more expensive software out there, just off the top of my head)

So because it's hardware, the software should be made available even though you didn't buy it? Millennial entitlement at it's finest. ;)

The question I have is if someone bought a P3A and then spend the $539 for the 4K, could they them have the right to flash their systems to upgrade their P3A to a P3P. I think the answer to that is and should be yes.

Hey Genious.... Apparently reading isn't something you like to do.. This is confirm by DJI THEMSELVES.... YOU CAN PUT A 4K CAM on an ADVANCE and make it a PROFESSIONAL.....

Reactions: Flying pug
Hey Genious.... Apparently reading isn't something you like to do.. This is confirm by DJI THEMSELVES.... YOU CAN PUT A 4K CAM on an ADVANCE and make it a PROFESSIONAL.....
Let's start with the irony. If you're going to call someone out (even though you didn't understand my post) for lacking intelligence and you sarcasticly call them a "genius", spell the word genius correctly. Trust me, it will help your cause. Moving on.

Hey genius. I wasn't talking about upgrading the camera.

I was talking about whether it's okay policy to upgrade the advanced to a pro with JUST the firmware upgrade.

I know full well it's okay to upgrade the camera.

Furthermore, I wasn't even making a judgement if someone figured out how to hack it and did it. Why would I care? I was just justifying the fact that if all the cameras were the same (and I believe they are) that it's not DJI "fooling" anyone as was stated because software can cost money.

That was my point and the irony is that it's you lacking the reading comprehension to get this.

I've upgraded several advanced to pros over the last couple months so I know and wasn't making any moral objections.

What the hell is wrong with half of the people on this forum?

Now knowing this, why don't you go back in time and re-read the posts with this new info and you will see that I was saying that, and not anything else.

No apology necessary.

Good lord. Why do i stay around here?

In fact, I have a method to get to a pro from an advanced with an extra bird by the end of it. My moral compass never made its way into this conversation. I don't give a rats *** if people upgrade anything legally or not. (Or policy or not). I figure people wanting to stay in good standing with DJI would take care of that anyway.

So no, your comprehension of what I wrote was the issue, mot vice versa. It was just an out loud thought of "hey I've paid thousands for software before so that I can't upgrade my phantom 3 advs to pros even though I believe they have the same exact camera isn't that crazy" (and I'm talking about with JUST a firmware flash to be clear).

That's it, nothing more. Lol @ the response to so many of my posts and ONLY on this forum. I'm active on several forums and most people are kind, are often looking to me to solve issues and are just not sarcastic middle America or something.

This forum has more of an NRA group feeling to it. Lots of mis-guided anger that didn't even match the post.

Please, I truly don't care if you fly your bird on arunway, drop it in a park, hack the firmware, attach a gimbal gun. Are we understanding each other better now. I am active in the forums, including this one for one main reason, for sharing and receiving info about how people pull off good cinematic and beautiful photography and either learn or help (often both the same thing). I am not here to argue with people yet so many are so amped to do so.

Trust me that your moral compass probably points way more north than mine so your thought, for the final time is way off.

Now I have to go because I have a couple hookers, a vile of pure extasy and an Inspire to hack waiting for me. Can't wait!

EDIT: Oh the irony, I just went back to look at the posts and I quoted you but if you look at the flow of the posts I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU! FFS, I was agreeing with you after the "fooling DJI" comment. DJI isn't fooling anyone. If I buy a computer without Cinema 4d Studio which costs thousands of dollars, I am not fooling Mac by installing the software if I buy it. If I install it with a crack, I am however fooling Maxon, actually Adobe now. I do not care if people use cracked software either. You are being sarcastic with me when I have myself turned several advanced models into pros under proper policy. I know. I know I've basically said the same thing 5x but since it was't even close to understood the first time, I figured I would throw more darts this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pomonabill220
LOL Some people got too much time on their hands... AGAIN and i could careless... You quoted me so i replied... None really cares about Adobe/Cinema or any other crap... This thread is about converting an advance into a PRO by just swapping cams and loading the correct firmware which its always been the case and confirmed by DJI... Moving Along and please stay on topic....

LOL Some people got too much time on their hands... AGAIN and i could careless... You quoted me so i replied... None really cares about Adobe/Cinema or any other crap... This thread is about converting an advance into a PRO by just swapping cams and loading the correct firmware which its always been the case and confirmed by DJI... Moving Along and please stay on topic....
Lol @ you.

I was staying on topic. I've turned advanced into pros. I have a method right now as I said to turn an advanced to pro and end up with two birds and an extra camera and come out making money. All legit too.

I was just in Drones Plus talking about some of the conversations happening in here and showed them a couple and every single person in there said that this is a forum for people that are beginners or that are low level novices that think they are experts.

So dead on.

You don't know as much as you think you know, trust me on this so show some humility. Drop the hubris and stop acting like your opinion is fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pomonabill220
Lets tone it down a bit in here and keep it friendly. ;)

On a friendly note. Yesterday I did my first flight with a Advanced with a pro camera and gimbal attached. Every thing was fine. Flew great and no problems with the camera, gimbal or signals. Not into long distance flying but always had a clear crisp picture on my galaxy s6 and never lost the display. Hope this helps others.

Last edited:
Video in the video section
Forgot to mention.
I put the latest P3P firmware on the sd card and I don't think it updated.
Will let you know what happens at the next fw update.

What are the minimal parts needed to convert my P3A to a P3P? I understand hardware and I bet that 90% of the whole camera gimbal assy. is the same except 1-2 pieces that make a 2.7K camera a 4K camera. I need to know exactly which pieces. My plan is to find a crashed P3P camera that has the parts I need intact and swap just those components over. I am thinking I would just need the 4K motherboard and the gimbal top with the fan for cooling. I can also see the possibility of dremeling/drilling a P3A top plate and adding one of those tiny video card fans to add the cooling the 4K MoBo obviously needs.

What are the minimal parts needed to convert my P3A to a P3P?

Nothing minimal about it. You need two things. The 4K camera and gimbal and the firmware updates to make it a pro.

If you have the 4K camera and gimbal you'll be allowed to do the firmware update.

I understand that but the camera and gimbal are made from many parts. I am sure that 90% of those parts are the same except a few that the 4K has that allow 4K and allows the 4K firmware to install. I am thinking of finding a damaged 4K camera since it will be dirt cheap and just swapping the 4K parts into my 2.7K camera/gimbal assy. If the parts that are different are not broken I could upgrade my 2.7K camera to a 4K one. You see what I mean? Just buying a whole perfect complete 4K camera is not worth it for the cost but a $100.00 one with a torn ribbon cable and broken gimbal and cracked lens would be .

I was talking about whether it's okay policy to upgrade the advanced to a pro with JUST the firmware upgrade.
The 4K camera is different, you cannot upgrade the 1080P to 4K with only firmware. The 4K camera has more chips, a DSP chip and something else. You can see the depops on the Advanced versus Pro camera. There's a thread somewhere I've seen that shows them side by side. A definite hardware difference.

Camera is same, it's processing board is different.

Reactions: dirtybum
Camera is same, it's processing board is different.
So you can you can upgrade the advanced 2.7K camera to 4K with just the processing board from the top section correct?

Reactions: dirtybum
I swapped mine over last week. Very simple process of just unclipping the two cables under the camera and re-attaching the new one. Then updated firmware to the Pro version and it's been working like a dream since.

I swapped mine over last week. Very simple process of just unclipping the two cables under the camera and re-attaching the new one. Then updated firmware to the Pro version and it's been working like a dream since.
Hey richardhurst, did you notice much video quality difference to your phone/tablet while flying?

Hey richardhurst, did you notice much video quality difference to your phone/tablet while flying?

Hi. The image quality is better on the iPad than previously. I wouldn't say its massively different but you can see an improvement.

You imbal?are correct, the sensor is the same. The camera, which I consider includes the processor board, is different.
Isn't the processor board in the gimbal?
The sensor of the P3A and P3P is the same. It seems that inside the camera there is not much more than electronics to drive and read out the sensor. Look at this picture from a video where the replaced the lens.
camera.PNG

Maybe the camera (including board) is also the same, except for the marking 4K.
Could the only difference be the gimbal board and the ventilator on the gimbal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.