P3 Advanced with a 4k Camera

Reaction score
Looks like the Pro camera and the Advanced camera have the same connectors.

11193340_917509901628159_3352241327247495690_n.jpg

It didn't come like that. The owner swapped his Pro and Advanced cameras to see if they were compatible. And, they are.

It didn't come like that. The owner swapped his Pro and Advanced cameras to see if they were compatible. And, they are.
yes but as many have thought the cameras may well be the same camera just software disabled.
So does the new 4k camera shoot 4k on the silver, And even if it does that will just prove the the software is on the camera,so maybe we can crack the software on the current camera to do the same.

The firmware for the Professional and Advance are different on the DJI website. Changing the camera may create some issues for the software or the App. Have to see how it works to verify the features, such as camera settings are applicable. Does the firmware update know the type of Phantom? Would it even load on the wrong type... I doubt it.

The firmware for the Professional and Advance are different on the DJI website. Changing the camera may create some issues for the software or the App. Have to see how it works to verify the features, such as camera settings are applicable. Does the firmware update know the type of Phantom? Would it even load on the wrong type... I doubt it.
maybe the firmware is different as one disables 4k ?????????? hhmmmmmm

I'm kind of curious as well.. But slightly doubtful that it would just be firmware. The only published differences between the Pro and Advanced is the Camera Bitrate.. The Sensor is published as being the same.

The processor??? Why would DJI sell the cameras with a price difference of $250.00 with the same sensor and the same processor when they could put a less expensive processor in the camera that's only capable of 40 mbs and still make the same relative price margin between the Pro and Advanced?

Last edited:
I'm kind of curious as well.. But slightly doubtful that it would just be firmware. The only published differences between the Pro and Advanced is the Camera Bitrate.. The Sensor is published as being the same.

The processor??? Why would DJI sell the cameras with a price difference of $250.00 with the same sensor and the same processor when they could put a less expensive processor in the camera that's only capable of 40 mbs and still make a relative price margin between the Pro and Advanced?
in bulk volume the processor price difference would be pennies ,especialy if you buy just the better one and put in all vs just half that many to put in half. Just my thoughts. Im thinking it is just disabled somewhere. And marketing sells the better one for more, as if you can get more by saying better many will spend it.

^^ True.. But pennies, maybe.. If close to a dollar, then maybe not. Wouldn't cost anything more to tool their assembly line for a different processor.

If you check FFC id on the FCC website for the Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional, the interior photos of both the Quads and Camera are Confidential.
BUT we can notice both device have separate FCC application and FCC ID, so this lead to the theory that both device have not the same interior or parts, but maybe im wrong

Phantom 3 Adv Fcc Page : https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...=N&application_id=465942&fcc_id=SS3-WM3221503

Phantom 3 Pro FCC Page :
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...=N&application_id=170165&fcc_id=SS3-WM3231503

We would need Photos, of the interior of both devices, and camera to compare, chips, etc...

Edit : Read confidentiality letter request from DJI for more information about the temporary confidentiality of the interior photos..

Reactions: Buzz313th
2 persons will need the courage to dismount both P3A and P3P camera and post results here in order to know ...

Reactions: Steven_Ewald
I'd be willing to bet they are the same camera with 4K disabled on the advanced.
We just need somebody to find and supply the hack to enable 4K.

I'm sure this is true ... I will spend some time to this subject next weeks... **** at least when I will receive both P3...

May be that phisically switching camera between the two it works perfectly as stated by someone. That until you run a fw update .... Trasforming one camera to the other I think may not possible, they differ by sensor type at least...mhhh....

I'd guess that since the quadcopter is the same and the camera is the only difference - if you put the 4K camera on your P2A, it's now a P2Pro and that's the firmware you'd be using.

I'd guess that since the quadcopter is the same and the camera is the only difference - if you put the 4K camera on your P2A, it's now a P2Pro and that's the firmware you'd be using.

Right, but it is not so trivial. The 2 (different) firmware need to be hacked for the first switch, then you can go straight ...

Is there any more on this subject. .. I trashed my hd camera on my phantom 3 and going to buy a camera soon .. but wanted to know how i
This worked with firmware
Can I ask, Shaker, how many flights you had with your P3? ...and how was your camera damaged?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31